3

++++++++++++++++
Panic mode activated.

I REPEAT!

PANIC MODE ACTIVATED!

MY DAMN BUTTON HAS BEEN PRESSED!

NOPE IT'S BEEN PUNCHED!

TODAY IS MY FIRST DAY AT MY NEW HIGH SCHOOL!

Today is my first day at a new high school as a freaking senior! I'm not nervous at all...

I'M TERRIFIED!

I feel the same as I did when it was my first day of kindergarten, middle school, high school, and my first and last talent show. That was my first and last show because I was doing well until my competitor Brianna was actually holding a rope that was carrying a bucket of red paint. I know how unoriginal right ?! She went all Carry scene on me, except that the bucket fell on me, knocking me out and making me move schools... and hospitals. I still have the scar today.

"I don't know what to wear!" Most of my clothes are scattered on the floor- I can't seem to find anything that won't make me look like a troll. I want to make myself feel good and look good. I don't care about what anyone thinks, but I just want to make sure that I look amazing before trying out for the football team. I am already dried off from the shower that I had. I thought that the warm water would calm me down, but my mind still isn't clear. It's scattered with all the bad things that could happen.

What if I give off the wrong impression?!

What if I throw up in class?

What if I trip while making a dramatic entrance?

What if my shirt or shorts rip revealing my underwear?!

I hope that those situations won't happen again.

Yep you heard me right, again.

"Take a deep breathe Sofia," I sound like an overrated yoga instructor as reassurance flows through my body. I am okay. I am going to be okay. Nothing bad is going to happen. My car already came in today so I will be driving myself to school. At least I get to listen to all my favorite songs-not that I have any favorites. The music will blast through the windows and no one can say anything about it. Sometimes you just need to drown everything out with noise in order to make it silent.

I read that somewhere.

I have finally decided to go with an off the shoulder purple floral two piece, with my red pumps and gold hoops. I finish putting my light makeup on, along with simple waves on my hair. I try to wink at myself in the mirror.

Key word: tried.

You see my eyeliner just smudged.

I just died a little on the inside.

After I successfully redid my makeup, I get ready to leave. Striding to the kitchen, I don't hear any rude comments or sassy remarks. Isaac must've gone to school already. My mom already expects me to come home late, so there's not much use in texting her. I fill up a glass of water, needing something to calm my nerves once more. The mint dances on my tongue with each sip.