"Everyone on the field NOW!!"

I jumped when the coach managed to let the whole entire school hear his commands. We all jogged to him with our knees high while he was talking.

I kept doing my high knees as long as I possibly could, controlling my every breath. As he gestured us to go faster, I finally saw that Grayson was on my left and Ethan was on my right.

"Faster!"
"Higher!"

I did as I was told and I managed to focus on one thing that wouldn't move. If the object that I was focusing on moved, I would fall on the ground face first. Simple as that.

"Stop!" We Stop dead in our tracks and Grayson almost tripped on his own two feet-quite amusing. I don't think I would catch him if he fell.

"We have one month to prepare for football season! If you really want to win, you have to work hard! If you think that this is easy, how about you go play Powder puff!" He glances at me. So much for being nice.

"As I was saying! Today we will be going to the weights! I need my players to be able to play! You need to take care of your body! If you're feeling pain in your knees STOP! If your head hurts or you begin to vomit KEEP GOING! YOU GOT IT?!"

We all nodded and both Ethan and I exchanged looks filled with worry but at the same time looking for reassurance. I give him a small smile and turn away from him. My eyes land on Grayson that immediately snapped his head to the left, looking away from me.

"Hit the weights!" We were on our way to the weight room now. I jogged to where I could bench the weights. I go on the sides and add 30 lbs to each side. I lay my back on the black cushion making me sink slightly. I grab onto the bar and took a deep breathe in and and deep breathe out.

3 sets of 10 later...

I finally put the weight back and got up noticing that the only station that is open is squatting. My arms hurt and now I have to work on my legs. I will not make it to tomorrow.

"Great," I say under my breathe as I go to that station and began putting the weights on each side. I decided to do 2 sets of 25.  I was going to squat 50s, I have done more but I don't want to damage anything. Like the coach said, I need to take care of myself. I'm sure he was only talking to the guys, not even acknowledging my presence.

As I adjust the pole on my shoulders, I finally lifted it off  and began my first set. I heard metal clanks in the back. I could see Grayson doing bench presses. His chest pumps up as he gets ready to lift the weight off of his chest. If I stare for much longer the weight will drag me to the ground. Lifting weights lifts the weight off my shoulders.

Hah!
Get it...
Okay then.

I already finished my first set and stretched out a little bit before going back and finishing my second set. Afterwards, I saw that there was a door with a small window showing that there was a punching bag peeking through the corners. I hope that it doesn't bother the coach... maybe later? It was calling out to me as I dramatically reached for it.

45 minutes later...
While the guys are outside on a break, I am still finishing my 5th station. I REPEAT...

MY
FIFTH
STATION