Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE

"Once upon a time...

Another day has passed and I've still not done anything. I've been roaming this earth for almost three years and I still don't know my purpose here when I'm already a ghost.

While walking, I saw my best friend walking to school so I walked slowly to surprise her but then she looked at me and pointed her two index fingers at me and winked. We both laughed and started talking. Well, I'm talking while she's just murmuring since she's afraid that other people can see her as someone crazy. But murmuring alone makes her look crazier.

"So, have things improved?" Desiree asked. "Nah, as always, I don't see any sign, and I'm getting worried and scared that I might vanish. I must ascend to have my wings and be an angel." Yes, I'm a ghost, and any ghost that has completed the incomplete mission or "purpose" in this world of life can ascend to be an angel of the Father. The crucial part is that if I remain here any longer, I would slowly forget everything. I'm lucky that I have Desiree to help me remember some things.

"If you reached three years without any progress, then I'm afraid that you'll forget everything."

"I'm afraid as well"

We continued walking until we reached her university. She bid me goodbye, and I continued walking, letting my feet lead me to a hill. I sat under a familiar tree and stayed there. I heard a child humming a song until I fall asleep.

I woke up in a magical forest where blue butterflies are flying everywhere. I'm amazed and stunned, for I've never been in such a wonderful place.

Along the path I'm walking, I can see a girl with a big smile, playing with her bubbles. She seemed so happy seeing bubbles float, she even tried popping it and then she would giggle again. She looks like Dora for she has short hair with matching bangs. She's chubbier and her skin is a bit tanned.

I was about to approach her until she saw me and she vanished.

"Hey, where'd you go? I just wanted to talk to you." But she never came back... So I just continued walking in this vast magical place until I saw the same girl with different outfit and a bit taller than awhile ago.

She seems lost so I approached her but then she just ran away. I tried to look for her but she can't be seen anywhere. I don't know what's with this girl who is so afraid of me. She just loves to run away from me or vanish in thin air.

While looking around, I heard someone sobbing. I followed the sound until I saw the same girl, who's a bit older now. She's on the bed, and her hand covers her mouth to stop herself from sobbing but she failed. She's making sure no one can hear her cry.

She seems to be good at silencing herself, just so that no one could hear. No one could hear it... but me.

I don't know why but tears started to well up in my eyes. Ghosts can't cry for they don't feel anything but seeing her cry breaks my dead and shattered heart.

I went to her but now she didn't vanish nor run away from me. I caressed her head and removed the strands of her hair that covers her face. I was shocked because she reminds me of someone. She looks so familiar but can't remember where I have seen her. She continued crying while I'm humming. Humming the same song the child hummed awhile ago. I stood up and I can't see anything. It's too dark in here and I hated it. Until the place lit up and I saw mirrors that surrounded me. But each mirror has the same girl that I've been encountering ever since I arrived in this magical place. The thing is, they all had different expressions. They all were of different ages. I saw her laughing, smiling, crying, someone who wears a mask and there is me, with a blank expression. I don't know what's happening. So all this time, the girl that I've been seeing... is me?

"It's your fault"

"We could still be happy"

"I can still be happy"

"It's your fault"

"You deserve to die"

"You deserve what you are now"

"It's your fault"

The voices. The voices in my head. It kills me. Until everything faded to black.

"Will she be okay, Master?" I heard a boy asking.

"Of course, she will be fine soon. She just needs rest and someone who can look after her." Hearing that wonderful voice, I woke up. Something in his voice that awakens me and then I saw two winged angels. "See? She's now awake" said the man to the little boy.

"Who are you? And why am I here?" I looked around and all I can see is an open sea and the setting sun. Why does this place look so familiar?

"My name is Adrian and this is my assistant, Mag." I looked at the boy and he smiled at me sweetly and then waved. "Hi! It was nice seeing you closely, Yasha!" I was shocked and weirded out. "Have you been watching me these past few days?" Mag covered his mouth in shock and looked at Adrian.

"Yes, we've been watching you but not just for a few days but from the very moment you materialized as a ghost. We are your guardians and we are responsible for your safety." He noticed my confused look so he said, "We have been looking out for you without your knowledge for you to accomplish your purpose alone."

"But why? I'm still clueless and I don't really know what my purpose is... I don't know how can I move forward," I looked at the ground and sighed.

"Only you can help yourself, and only your heart knows what you should do," said Adrian, and then Mag just hugged me tightly. He looked up at me and smiled so I smiled back and ruffled his hair.

I determined, that I'll have to find my purpose anyway I can. I'll have to find it. I must accomplish it.