Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

I'm back to the world of life again and I have to go to Desiree as soon as possible. I have to tell her everything before I forget. After that talk with my guardian angels, they vanished and I woke up on the hill. As I was running, I saw something that stopped me in my tracks. I saw my family laughing, coming out of the mall. They seemed so happy... now that I'm gone. But I'm happy that they started recovering. They deserved to be happy too. I just missed them terribly. Since it happened, I realized that I'm no longer me, but of course they wouldn't notice that change in me because I tried so hard to show them that I'm still the happy and cheerful Yasha they knew. Plus, it's not that hard to pretend sometimes because they are my happiness and strength.

I can't help but remember that day where I cried so hard on the bed, it was dark, and my favorite movie was playing. But I don't really know why I cried that time... Guess it's a perk of being a ghost.

Anyways, as I was walking I spotted Desiree alone, while drinking. I know that she's now of legal age to drink but she should've told me so that I could accompany her.

*Sigh*

"Yah! Why are you drinking alone? You're making me sad because you didn't wait for me!" She looked at me and smiled while crying. "You're finally here! I missed you so bad, where have you been? You were gone for a week!" I was? I didn't know!

"Really? I thought I was gone for a short time..." I looked at her and something changed in her. I feel like she's hiding something from me. But she just smiled at me sadly. Then it changed into an inquiring look,

"So now, tell me... Where have you been? Why were you gone for a week? Did something happen??" she asked, consecutively.

"Whoa whoa, easy, I'll tell you everything, but before that, did you bring my diary?" She rummaged inside her bag and looked for it. We have this diary, to record all of the information ever since I died. She got it out of her bag and I started telling her about everything that happened. And she wrote all of the important details. It's amazing how we are still best friends even in my afterlife. I'm just happy to find a best friend like her. So I just hugged her tightly even though she can only feel my coldness. "Thank you... for being my best friend and for staying with me, even though no one believed in you."

She hugged me back, even though she looks like a crazy lady hugging the air. But a few seconds later, she just cried so hard that other people looked at her, dumbfounded. So we went somewhere private where no one coul see us, so that we could talk freely. We stopped until we reached an isolated room.

"I'm sorry, Yasha, but Tony is coming here. On his birthday. And on your third death anniversary.." Hearing that froze me. I don't know what to do. Why? I suppose that he's happy with his life already, why does he have to visit here? I thought he doesn't care anymore. Oh silly me, as if he wants to visit a grave. He might just want to celebrate and show how happy his life was since the day I died.

"Hey sis, don't apologize. It's not your fault. Anyways, I'll have to go somewhere for a while." I didn't wait for her response and went swiftly to the hill. I looked at the tree where our names were carved. We put our names here when I was still seven and he was ten. That was the day I first met him. The date was even carved on this tree.

07/03

This hill is my hiding place. I love it here. I love the silence, the calmness, and the serenity. I was bullied that day by those kids, calling me names. Like pig, whale, fatty, and anything that involves an insult to a chubby girl like me. So I rushed to this hill to cry and shout. I just can't tell my parents about the bullying thing because I know that they will be angry. And I just want peace. Like this. Just me and the tree alone.

But then, I didn't know that this hill, this very place was someone's hiding place as well. That's when I found him, with a bruised and swollen face. He was bullied too. That was how we met. And he became an additional reason why I loved to go to this place more often. This is where we became best friends.

I didn't realize when the skies darkened. The moon shone brightly as ever. I watched the stars sparkle, scattered in the wide sky.

I let out a deep sigh.

I was flabbergasted when I heard someone else sighed too. I looked around me, until I saw someone who was lying next to me. I saw Adrian, without his wings. He looked at me intently. "What's with the long face? Is there something wrong?" When he recognized shock in my face he started explaining again. "I'm sorry! I can't help but read your mind. What you think always amuses me." He blushed in embarrassment.

I stared at the full moon. And I began to reminisce again... Tony and I would always do this when one of us had a problem or when we just missed each other. He would bring a six-pack of beer, but he'd give me only one and he would drink the rest. And I'd eat the candy he brought along. We'd while the hours away, talking and laughing. It was perfect. And he is one of the few things that I never want to forget.

"Yeah, watching you as you reminisce reminds me of a sad fairytale. Your eyes show how magical it is, at the same time," he stopped and wiped away my tears, "it hurts the both of us." I looked at him, puzzled. "Don't misunderstand... Whatever emotion you feel, we feel it too." It's funny how I communicate with him through my mind but he replies vocally.

The moment he said that, Mag just showed up, approaching me while bouncing! Seeing this cute little kid makes me smile and I just want to give him kisses and bite on his cheeks. "Yaaaashhhaaaa!~" when he is near me, he just hugged meagain. "How are you my baby Maggieee?" I said while pinching his cheeks. He is just so cute. But his smiling face turned into a scowl when he saw Adrian. "Master! Why didn't you tell me that you will talk to Yasha?" He asked Adrian while pouting. So adorable! He is now my favorite angel, ever. "Anyway, I have something important to tell you." Mag pointed at me then crossed his arms. "The Father worries about you. He is afraid that you might not do anything until your deadline." I know... But I still haven't progressed. I looked at the ground and nervously fidgeted with my fingers. I was scared too

"Don't worry; we will give you a clue." Adrian said with a smile and looked at Mag, as if he was waiting for Mag to speak up. "Look back on your past and you will see what you had. But watch out while you're still in the present, for you to get what you want in the future."

"What does it mean?" They both smiled. "Only your heart knows what it means." And they vanished... again.