Sixteen

^^^ I'm literally IN LOVE with this song. It really suits Seungri's voice. I literally felt like a proud mum watching it even if he is like 10-20 years older than me...^^^

"Excuse me?" Jade stammered as she watched Megan rub her thumb over the rusty metal.

Suddenly, the android shot up and headed to her room, Jaydess followed behind, keeping a bit of a distance between them in case Megan didn't want her there.

As soon as she entered the room, she ran to the back of the room and began to push the bed away from the wall along with the bookshelf and drawers. The books fell of the ground and the drawers were thrown carelessly across the room. The bed that once looked neat was a mess but despite it all, Megan didn't stop.

"Jade," she finally called out. "There's a hammer by the front door. Get it."

Without any questions, the girl ran down the stairs and grabbed it quickly, making her way back up afterwards.

Megan hit the wall multiple times as soon as she got the hammer, only stopping when a whole life of the wall was completely demolished.

Jade coughed as she fanned the dust away from her face, trying to get a breath of fresh air. Once the dust had finally settled she looked up to see a small metal box.

Megan pushed the key into the keyhole and wiggled it a couple of times until the box finally opened.

She pulled out an old book, one that looked like it had been there for ages.

She turned around and turned to Jade with a smile plastered on her face.

"Want to do the honours?"

***

Upon flipping the first page, Jaydess started at the neat handwriting that covered it. She knew instantly it wasn't written by a human being simply because it was way too neat.

At the top was the date: 1st of January 2031.

Jade glanced at the book again, noting that it was written twelve whole years ago.

She turned the page to see a picture of androids, about sixteen of them. But out of all of them, only two stood out: Megan and Miss Charlotte.

"Miss Charlotte," Jaydess uttered before looking up at Megan. "You never mentioned her when you talked about all this..."

"She was part of us when we were making all those projects. Of course, she didn't help. She just watched in a corner as she took notes. She was that person in the group that no one really trusts except for that one naïve person. Or in other words, me. Miss Charlotte and I were so close. Practically sisters if androids has any. So I would tell her everything and she would go behind my back and tell everyone else. That's why we had to get reprogrammed... It's a good thing you never really trusted her, though. Either way she would have betrayed you."

Jade furrowed her eyebrows.

"Then why did you send me to her?"

"Because I thought she had changed. That she was reprogrammed too. But no, Miss Charlotte is exactly the same."

As if on cue, there was a knock on the door. Megan sighed as she quickly ordered Jade to go upstairs, probably hide in her room but she wanted to hear everything so she just lingered at the top of the staircase, in the dark where no one would see her.

"Hello- oh, Miss Charlotte. What a surprise that you're here," Megan uttered.

Miss Charlotte walked through the door and glanced around Megan's house briefly before landing her gaze on the other android again.

"Where is she?" She uttered.

Megan pretended to be confused.

"Who?"

"Jaydess. Where is she?"

"On a flight to Portugal. Why?"

"Why is she there? Why isn't she here?" Miss Charlotte yelled and once again, Jade saw her eye blink green.

"You didn't want her. And no one else wanted her either. Portugal was the only place she would get a shelter."

"Argh!"

"What's wrong?"

"That girl stole something off of me."

Megan cocked an eyebrow.

"What did she steal?"

"A key."

"A key? To what?"

"To a...it doesn't matter what it goes to. I just need it."

"All you need is for your eye to be scanned to lock the door to any room in your house."

"It isn't for a room."

"Then what is it for?"

"That's classified information."

"Well if you won't tell me anything, I'm afraid, I'm no help to you. May as well leave and find someone else-"

"Don't do this, Megan. Not to me."

Megan scoffed.

"Don't do what?"

"Lie. I'm your best friend-"

"Don't even pretend you ever cared for me. I'm not your puppet anymore, Charlotte! I know how you are, who you are! And I'm not falling for your stupid tricks anymore."

"What tricks? Everything between us, Megan. It was all genuine."

"You wouldn't know what genuine was even if it slapped you! Have you ever for once in your life thought of anyone else but yourself. Don't even lie, all those years ago you threw us all under the bus just so you could get some praise."

Miss Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows and huffed at Megan.

"I would never do that-"

That was when Jade saw Megan's eyes turn a deep red, but unlike Miss Charlotte's, hers stayed that way for a while.

An unintentional chuckle escaped Miss Charlotte's mouth as she stared at the other android, a bit surprised to see her that way.

"I never expected this. Megan, the good girl. After all these years, was actually a deviant."

"Why do you care anyway? Are you forgetting that at the end of the day, you are too?"

Explanation of stuff:

A deviant is basically a person who doesn't follow what is expected of them. So in this case, a deviant android does not follow what it is programmed to do. So like a rebel android.

Also, deviants are identified by how their eyes change colour. It is mainly shown when they are provoked or angered. There are different types of deviants like the red-eyed, yellow-eyed, purple-eyed, etc. But then green-eyed are the most rarely found ones. This will be explained further in the next chapter or chapters to come. If I don't touch up on this, I might just make another A/N to explain.

~SpicyThaiChicken