Ah, the beginning. Let's start with a question.

Let's start with the beginning, shall we?

This isn't the American Revolution just yet, because I wanted to start on an earlier note.

A mystery.

I hope you've heard of the mystery of Roanoke island, because that one still stumps me today.

Jamestown wasn't the first settlement. It was the first successful settlement.

The colonists attempted to settle in an island off of North Carolina, called Roanoke.

John White returned to England for more supplies, leaving behind his family in 1587.

He tried to return, but was delayed by war with Spain. He returned in 1590 to find that everyone was gone.

The word "Croatoan" was engraved on a tree, which was the name of the Native American tribe settled there.

Anything could have happened, but they were never sure. It's still a mystery to today.

Sorry this seemed rushed, but I just want to hear what others think happened.

Keep in mind that three years is not enough time for a skeleton to disintegrate. It takes about 40 to 50 years, and it takes 8 to 12 years alone for a body to decompose into nothing but bones.

I know what happened though
I think a purple guy snapped his fingers lmao

Don't worry, the next chapter will be 18th century.