Facts: John Laurens

Some facts about John Laurens-

These are from the top of my head, I swear. Feel free to comment any facts or historical headcannons that you have! But please, if you do, say if it's a fact or a headcannon so others don't get confused. Unless it's something like, "John likes Twenty Øne Piløts", because that pretty self-explanatory.

- He was born October 28th, 1755
- His father was Henry Laurens and his mother was Eleanor Ball
- He originally had 11 siblings, but most died in childhood or infancy, leaving John the oldest of his siblings, Martha, James, Henry Jr., and Mary.
- While studying in Geneva, Switzerland (I believe that it was Switzerland), he became close to his friend, Francis Kinloch, who was also born in South Carolina.
- I should probably do more facts and not his life story??

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

- He suffered from severe depression.
- John was highly suicidal
- Thanks to pressure from his father.
- He probably worried Hamilton half to death.
- He knew what he was doing when he ran on that battlefield at Combahee River

- Here's a theory. If John Laurens hadn't gotten himself killed, Hamilton might not have died when he did.

Let me explain. John Laurens's death was basically assisted suicide. He couldn't kill himself, so he had someone else do it for him. Hamilton's death was also an assisted suicide. He confused Burr at extreme lengths. It's even hinted in "The World was Wide Enough". Burr saying that he's a "terrible shot", therefore, if he changed his mind last second, he would still hit Alexander. Alexander knew this. "He aims his pistol at the sky", Hamilton was allowing Burr to shoot at him without defending himself. Not to mention other little details. He wrote a 'suicide note' to Eliza, saying that when she read that letter, he was most likely dead already. Don't all these things make you raise eyebrows?

"But sOdA!! What does this have to do with John Laurens????"

Hold on, smol children, I'm getting there--

Ron Chernow wrote that after John Laurens's death, Hamilton shut off a part of his emotions and never reopened them. No, John Laurens was directly the cause, but indirectly. Act 2 of Hamilton would've been a tiny bit sweeter.

Did anyone notice how he did mention Eliza before he was shot, but the last thing he said was, "Raise a glass to freedom"?

John Laurens's original line?

The grief and guilt caused his mind to become somewhat emotionally and mentally unstable. Not to mention that his past already depressed him.

And being bipolar definitely adds onto things.

You saw that coming, didn't you?

51 essays in 6 months? Either he loved wrecking his emotional state, or he was in an episode of hypomania, or mania. Not to mention other details which I'm not going to name since this is supposed to be able John Laurens.

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Back to some less dark stuff.

- He hit his head on a ceiling twice at Valley Forge because yep. Alexander probably laughed his ass off.

- He was the Best Big Bro™

- Was gay. Can't everyone just except that? He wasn't straight, and if he was bi, he had EXTREME, AND I MEAN 99% TO 1% leanings towards men. Or, homoflexible basically. I'm so sick and tired of saying this. And the letters weren't fake either!! And don't even think about calling me a self-centered lams shipper. I'm stating facts here. I'm gonna say the same thing that some girl told me in 6th grade when she thought that Alexander Hamilton served the British, and i told her that here was a different officer with the last name of "Hamilton" most likely, "You can't change history because of what you want to believe."

He married his wife out of pity,  and why he even had sex in the first place? Internalized homophobia, he didn't want people thinking he was gay, uhm-

HE WAS DRUNK PROBABLY?!

So if you disagree, yell at me in PMs because I'm not bringing other people into this bullshit.

Sorry, i ranted again.

Anywhoooooo

- John was an artist. Like, I'm surprised he didn't take up art instead and became a painter or something.

- He had blond hair and blue eyes.

- He believed that white would be easy to clean...

- Definitely shared a bunk with Alexander Hamilton

- Literally got injured in every battle he was in and more.

- i mean, he probably didn't even squirm when the bullet was taken out, like, he probably got used to it

LIKE SERIOUSLY

oh god this make me want to have a get together and just binge watch Turn or Liberty's Kids. Or both. Yeah, both.

- really tall. Taller than Hamilton, but shorter than Jefferson. Around 5'11-6'1

Side Note: Everyone makes fun of Hamilton and Napoleon for being short, but like, James Madison was shorter than both. Maybe it's because Hamilton and Napoleon had extremely big personalities??

- I should stop here.

- nah, a few more.

- he was a lieutenant colonel

- uhhhhhh i dunno what else to say-

- He died August 27th, 1782

- This boi needs a hug.

- #WhenUGotNoHairPowderUseFlour

- #WowIRantedALot