Chapter 1

Let me give you some background.  My name is Aurora Faye Matthews and yes people call me sleeping beauty, but that has next to nothing to do with my name.  Let’s start with appearance, not that I care that you know, it just might give you a better idea of what I look like and considering there is almost no resemblance from Princess Aurora and I, I would like to make sure you don’t picture me like that, ‘cause honestly, I’m not like that.  Not that I don’t like to be compared to a princess. That’s why I have my name, it is inevitable that the comparison is made.  

I am 5’9”, tall for a girl I know.  My legs are literally 2/3 of my body. No joke.  I have long golden brown hair with a touch of copper.  As for my body shape, I’m a board and no that is not a good thing.  My butt is medium sized, but I barely fit into a B cup.  Good knews, I don’t sweat as much and my bust doesn’t bounce as much when I run, because honey, I run.  I have emerald irises with a hint of gold and lucky for me that means, my hair makes my eyes pop.  That’s really it for appearance.  Have you noticed the perfect figure every princess seems to have? I have and don’t you dare say I am lucky to be skinny or whatever, because being skinny isn’t everything and believe me if I could choose skinny or curvy I would choose curvy any day.  So there you go, now you know what I look like.  

Now let’s talk about my family.  I am an only child and my mother died giving birth to me.  My dad doesn't like to talk about her, he says when I turn 18 he will tell me everything, but for know I should just leave it alone.  Yes, I know my life would be a hell of a lot better if my mother was alive today, but honestly she’s not. I never knew her. I never will.  I try not to fool myself.  I’m sure she was a loving person when she was alive and I would hate it if you think I am cynical, but really I am just trying to live WITH the past and live FOR the future.  So let’s move on in loving memory of my mother, Stacy.  

Now, I live in Roslyn, New York.  It’s a pretty great town, only about half an hour outside of New York.  It gives us all the city time we need and let’s us relax and take a break from the chaos and let me tell you, it is chaos.  Richard Blake Matthews is my father, he owns a business that runs out of New York and is barely ever home.  I couldn’t tell you exactly what he does, all I know is he leaves me home in a huge house with our live-in housekeeper, she basically raised me.  Her name is Christa and she is like a mother to me.  I am pretty wealthy.  I don’t feel any different from the kids I go to school with.  I make an effort to only buy expensive clothes when I feel I need them for a special event or something.  I stay away from excessive items, unless they have a specific purpose or I desperately need them.  I am honestly an average 17 year old girl.  Call me crazy, but if no one ever saw my house, they wouldn’t think twice about me being middle or lower class like the rest of them.  Not that I am not grateful for everything I have, I am grateful.    I’m not trying to brag, I just want you to know me better.  It will all help with the story. 

So now we come to this.  One Direction. I am a sworn directioner, and honestly I have friends, but none of them are really close to me.  So I don’t really have a social life giving plenty of time for me to be a directioner and do what we do, fan girl.  However, I did manage to score two UVIP tickets to a concert One Direction was doing on my birthday in New York.  I have a directioner friend that I planned on inviting. Her name is Ophelia, she’s greek.  Most people call her Fifi.  I hate that.  I call her Lia. She loves that I have my own nickname for her.  I am glad she is optimistic and doesn’t notice me cringe when someone says Fifi.  I don’t know why I don’t like it.  I just don’t.  Something about it bugs me and when something annoys me I find it hard to ignore it.  The things that annoy me are bugs that land on the computer screen that is life, they are hard to ignore and you can’t get over them until it’s gone.  

Bitter-Sweet PerfectionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara