Chapter 2

The elevator ride was quite and the floor was the same.  Awkwardness lingered in the air.  I didn’t know what to say, but I knew I had to say something. 

“So Eleanor, what is it like being Louis’ girlfriend?” 

“It is amazing.  I love him.  I love most of the fans.  I like the attention, but it can be overwhelming.  Especially when I just go to the grocery store and 25 girls want photographs with me.  I love Louis.  I know it’s worth it, but sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I wasn’t his girlfriend.  It’s weird and all new to me and sometimes I get scared.  I get death threats and I know no one would ever act on them, they love Louis too much.  When I feel down or scared I just have to convince Louis to fly me out to him or wait for him to find a break in their tour to come home, but I love him and he loves me so that makes up for it.” 

“You are so incredible.  I feel like I would have broken down by now.  Being away from the boys for so long must be really hard.”

“It’s bitter-sweet.  I love the feeling of knowing they will come back and I will see them again and I like to have time to myself.  However, I hate being away from Louis for so long.  I just wish the breaks were longer and more often.” 

“I have sympathy for you. I’m glad I got to meet you Eleanor.  Let’s find my room.” 

The floor was basically one big suite with different bedrooms.  There was a huge living room with a big tv and three couches.  A kitchen was around the corner from that and a grand piano was in the corner by the hallway leading to the rooms.  We walked down the hall and found only five bedrooms.  I  understood why I was the only other person allowed on this floor.  I was in room 124.  We set our stuff down and went to the kitchen to find a snack.  It was empty.  

“So what brings you to New York this weekend?” 

“Today is my birthday and my dad told me I could stay the weekend.” 

“Oh it’s your birthday! Happy Birthday!” 

“Thank you.”  Her phone rang. 

“Finally! It’s Lou. I have to take this.”  She walked into the living room. 

My mind was a ceiling fan of thoughts spinning ‘round and ‘round.  I couldn’t believe I was staying in the same suite as One Direction.  I was here with Eleanor.  It seemed like a dream.  I went to my bag to grab my VIP pass and ticket.  I grabbed the extra set and put them in my purse.  I had front row seats.  I felt terrible about Lia.  I was really getting the VIP treatment.  I had no idea the floor was basically a suite.  Someone must have really owed my dad a HUGE favor.  Eleanor strode back into the kitchen.  

“Ok.  He said Paul is here now.  So we have to go.  Are you ready?” 

“Yes.  Thank you so much for this!” I held back tears.  

“No thank you.  It’s really nice to have someone else to talk to.” We headed downstairs. 

“Are you staying for the concert?” 

“No. Well yes, but I’ll be backstage.  They couldn’t get me a seat in the VIP area, so I can’t be in the crowd.” 

“Wait I have an extra front row seat.  Do you want it?” I handed her the ticket. 

“Aurora, that would be amazing! Thank you!” 

“No thank you, this is the best birthday ever!”  My eyes watered and I thought I would cry right there.