Just Fine

"Promise me you'll take care out there," he mumbled, holding her in his fierce embrace.

She had the audacity to chuckle. "Oppa you're choking me."

He pulled back at arms' length, keeping a firm grip on her slight shoulders. "Lisa, I'm serious right now."

She noticed his distressed face and sobered.

"I will, don't worry. Besides, I won't be alone. We're gonna have tons of guards and I'll stay with the girls all the time. And the managers will be with us too."

Yoongi closed his eyes, tension coursing throughout his body, making him feel stiff and disjointed.

"You can't have that carefree attitude when you're there, or anywhere in the open for that matter," he began again slowly, so that maybe this time she'd understand.

Sometimes, her naivete was a bad thing: she had a sunshine personality, pure and innocent to the point that she didn't think badly of anyone. And he was concerned that her innate child-like trust would get her in trouble.

 Scratch that, he was mortally afraid that if he let her out of his sight, something bad would happen to her.

"It's what those crazy antis would be waiting for: waiting for you to lower your guard. And the minute you do, they pounce." He gazed at her, eyes blazing with desperation. "Lisa, are you even listening to me?"

She was smiling up at him in a dopey manner."Oppa, you're so cute when you're being protective."

He exhaled, giving up, and pulled her into a hug again.

"This is exactly why I'm worried about you," Yoongi mumbled, breathing in her scent of tangerines and a whiff of coconut. "You have the attention span of that blue fish from Nemo."

She laughed. "DooOooOooory."

He brushed a hand down her back as she nuzzled against the crook of his neck.

"Yoongi, this isn't the first time that the girls and I will be out of the country, you know. And I'm not a kid, I know there are people out there who hate us" she said at length, taking him by surprise, "I'll promise to be extra careful."

"What about sneaking out to buy food?" Yoongi said sternly, straightening and folding his arms. He knew this was her big weakness.

He had in mind to ask her members to buy tons of snacks, just to make sure she wouldn't have to go out at some godforsaken hour unaccompanied. 

She sighed, pulling her cap low over her brow. "I can't help that..."

"Try again."

"I promise," she said reluctantly. "I promise I won't sneak out to buy food without telling anyone to go with me. Happy now?"

He finally relaxed. If Lisa promised, he knew she wouldn't go back on her word.

"How about a reward then?" he asked lightly, seeing her mood plummet as their date was coming to an end.

He tugged her inside an arcade which immediately made her perk up as she gleefully rushed in, whooping like an excited kid before he had even finished paying at the entrance.

"Babe, wait for me!" Yoongi groaned. He had never shied away from running, but he was exhausted after roaming around their favourite haunts for the better part of the day. Lisa on the other hand still seemed to have energy to spare.

She laughed at him as she ran ahead whilst he gave chase.

And Yoongi decided that maybe hearing her happy, bubbly laughter at the expense of his lungs collapsing was worth it.