The Most Beautiful Moment in Life (part 5)

"No sign of either Jinsoo or Yoongi," Rosé sighed as she got off the phone with her husband. She glanced at the two silent woman sitting on the couch, her heart aching for them.

"We...we should inform the police so they can search for them," Jisoo said slowly, "we should have done that from the beginning!"

"Unnie wait a little longer," Rosé said weakly, "it...it will only reflect badly....people will ask questions—"

"To hell with everyone!"

"It might be harder for Jinsoo to handle if she's found and people keep pressuring her to find out why she ran away," Rosé said softly, "let's wait a little longer. Taehyung said the only real threats in the forest are those snakes. With the weather being chilly as it is, I doubt they'll be out and about much."

She sat in between the two women and squeezed Jisoo's hand. "We can only hope and wait. Namjoon said that if nobody finds either Jinsoo or Yoongi by sundown, we'll call the police."

She glanced at the Lisa who was holding on to her phone like it was her lifeline, waiting for the call that would end her worries.

Lisa—although miffed for not being informed of the impromptu search-and-rescue mission—was quite fine with staying with Jisoo and Rosé looking after Matty and Daniel.

But it all went downhill when Namjoon called to inform them that Yoongi wasn't picking up—her husband had either run out of battery or he got lost and he had no signal.

That had been hours ago, almost since the morning. As the shadows darkened, so did Lisa's optimism.

Surely by now, they would have had found some sort of sign?

She leaned into Rosé, feeling her chest squeeze tighter even as Rosé wrapped a comforting arm round her shoulder.

"Hang in there, Lili," Rosé murmured.

"What if he got hurt? What if he's out there, all alone...." Lisa closed her eyes, banishing the worst scenarios from her head.

That stubborn idiot, why did he have to leave Jungkook and play the hero?

Rosé tightened her hold, bringing Jisoo into the hug as well. Lisa closed her eyes, gripping her phone.

"Please," Lisa whispered, "please call....please be safe...please..."

>

"....who's next?" Yoongi croaked. He had been going through the members one by one, talking about their hardships and how each and everyone of them, at some point, felt lonely and wanted to run away.

"You and my parents," Jinsoo said promptly.

"Alright, who should we do first?"

Jinsoo tilted her head in thought. " You....and then....eomma and appa...." she said quietly.

"Ahh me," Yoongi said sagely. "Let's say, difficult times had me sinking to deep, dark, scary depths that I hope you never ever get to go Jinsoo."

"Why?"

Yoongi hesitated, cautious on framing the next few sentences without frightening her. "Because in such places, you feel like the whole world hates you, you feel worthless and you think nobody loves you. Not even the people close to you and begging to be let in stand a chance, because you erect a high wall that shuts everyone out."

"Why do that?"

"An unhealthy behaviour the brain thinks will help it to get better," Yoongi said, "when it's sad, the brain will either make you go find people to be comforted or do the exact opposite and push people away. This happens a lot when you believe to be unworthy of being loved, incapable of doing remotely anything, for a long time."