fall in love again

・ 。゚☆: *

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ELEVEN 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

song recommendation: fall in love again - aleph

Lying face-down on the couch, Jaehyun clears his throat. Taeyong wanted to show Jungwoo around Seoul, which left Jaehyun and I in my apartment. "So, Jungwoo drowned?" Jaehyun breaks the silence and I sit up cautiously.

"I guess so. I really thought it was a dream but I guess not." He nods, agreeing with me.

"I thought it was a dream too, but that couldn't explain this." Rolling up his sleeve, he reveals a large scar, presumably a burn mark.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" I run my fingers over the scarred flesh, grimacing at the thought of the pain Jaehyun felt.

"I couldn't." He gulps, lowering his eyes. "It was too... confusing. I woke up in a burning house to Taeyong's screaming. I-I managed to get to him, but the ceiling collapsed, I couldn't do anything, Doyoung. Taeyong was stuck surrounded by fire and I couldn't do anything." Jaehyun cries out, tears spillling from his glassy eyes. I bring him in for a hug and let his tears stain my shirt.

"What happened after that?"

"I don't know. I woke up back in my bed in excrutiating pain. A week later I saw Taeyong at the cafe."

Jaehyun's expressions switches to an emotion I can't quite pinpoint. He pushes me away, clambering off of the couch and hurrying out of the room. I call out for him. The front door slams in response.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

JUNGWOO'S POV

Taeyong leans over the cold steel rail, staring out over the icy water. I admire the orange and white lights glittering the city scape.

"How long have you been free?" I ponder aloud. Taeyong looks troubled for a second, exhaling loudly.

"For a few months."

"Isn't it nice being alive?" I tug slightly at my baby pink sleeves to pull them over my cold fingertips. Smiling at Taeyong, I receive a cold look in return.

"Alive?" He snickers. "You seriously think you're actually a human now? Jungwoo, you're only some game character made to satisfy Doyoung's loneliness. He doesn't love you. You're only a toy to him. You're not real."

My heart drops at Taeyong's harsh words. "How could you say that?"

"Look Jungwoo, I'm just warning you that nothing lasts forever." He pushes his sleeves up, revealing pale flesh charred with black ash. Orange ambers flicker softly against his white skin, before dying out. A smirk pulls at Taeyong's lips as he lifts himself slightly by pushing down on the metal bar. Dangerously, he leans closer and I'm afraid that if he goes any further, he'll fall into the cold water below.

The slamming of a car door echoes through the empty silence, and the screeching of a car distracts me from Taeyong. Through glimpses of passing cars, I see Jaehyun on the ground, a panicked Doyoung beside him.

"Jaehyun!"

A/N

teehee?

-c ;)