Something New

~Issac~

I can't believe my father talked me into going away for school. It's not like I had any problems with the high school I was going to before so I don't understand why I'm transferring. Especially my junior year, this shit is ridiculous. If it wasn't for the fact that I had a higher chance of being recruited and getting into a great college that could put me through to the NBA I would have dubbed this shit from the beginning.

I'm just happy I don't live too far from here, so if I wanna go home I know I can cause this school look lame and I'm honestly not here to socialize anymore. I don't care to make connections if I'm only gonna be here for two years.

I was sitting in my probability class waiting for this teacher to finish talking and class to be dismissed. It's only the second day of school and everything is already a force. Shawty just got on my nerves because she was so passionate about a subject that clearly nobody in the room gave a fuck about. I'm not sure why she didn't catch on to that but oh well.

I was watching the clock and noticed class was just about over so I started packing up my stuff so that I can go to lunch.

"Alright class, don't forget to do the homework due for Thursday and email me if you have any questions." Ms. Barry my math teacher said. I quickly got up and left the classroom. It was lunch time and I was starving. I also had a free period now so I might take a nap after I eat, too. I'm definitely not doing homework.

I walked into the dining hall and immediately got stares for like the 6th day I've been here. People just seem soooo fucking interested in me for some reason and I'm not sure why, like what is so special about me that everyone's eyes decides to be looked on me. I know I'm a handsome nigga but damn everyone needs to chill out.

I first went into the hot food bar to see if there was anything I wanted but I didn't see much. There was some beef there but I wasn't in the mood and also some mashed potatoes but they looked a little dry if I say so myself. I decided to walk to the salad bar and make a salad instead. While I was making my salad I overheard some chatter around me but one conversation actually made me chuckle.

"I don't understand this school. How they have mashed potatoes with no gravy. This don't make no damn sense to me." I laughed out loud at the comment that some girl made and looked up at her for making my salad. "Shit is crazy isn't it?" I asked her still laughing a little. "Yes! It's outrageous, like the audacity they have." She said and started walking away. I shook my head at the comment and smiled going back to making my salad. I'm not sure who that was but she was funny. Clearly she goes to school here though so I'll be seeing her around.

The rest of my day dragged after my free period but luckily I only had two more classes. One of the requirements for this stupid school was that everyone had to do an afternoon activity. Whether it be a sport, dance or lift. This happened every trimester since that's how the school broke it up. I was only here for basketball like I mentioned before so I decided to do lift for the fall season so that I could get my shit together before basketball season starts.

Gotta keep my body right for the ladies.

~Karissa~

I'm so glad I know how to keep my cool in situations cause whoever that dude in the dining hall was, he was fine. I'm glad he got to see my little sense of humor that I had and I hope I see him around campus more cause he don't seem too bad to look at. After lunch I was done for the day because the last two periods for me were my free periods. I decided to be productive with my time and take a nap before I had to go to volleyball practice.