Chapter 2- Audition

~Mindi's POV~

The Day of the Audition

I went to the SM Building to the audition location. I filled out a couple of forms and they gave me a tag. Mine said, “1476”. Since the audition was held in groups of ten, I would be the 6th on line. Then, she led us into a waiting room where there were lots of people. In the very front of the room was a huge TV playing So Nyeo Shi Dae's “Gee” MV. I wanted to be like them, in terms of popularity.

Next to me, there was a beautiful girl was mid-length black hair with brown highlights. She wore glasses, and she was practicing her song. She was singing Taeyeon's “If”. I recognized it as the OST from Hong Gil Dong. I felt that she was a really good singer and would definitely be competition. I looked at her number and I saw that she would be in the same group as me, but she would be the 3rd singer. Her number was, “1473”. Hm... that's a bit dangerous.

The lady in the front of the room called us in, numbers “1471- 1480”. We stood in a line and the judges told the first person to start. The girl sang for about 15 seconds before the judge cut her off. The guy next to her lasted about the same. But, when it was the third girl's turn, she lasted almost a minute. I looked at the judges and they were smiling at her. She smiled back. She was definitely competition. Then soon after, my turn came. I sang Baek Ji Young's “That Woman”, the OST from Secret Garden. I know I lasted for at least 30 seconds, but I wasn't sure if they liked my performance or not. I was confident in my skills though.

“Everyone can leave now. Park Min Di and Han Li Yun, please stay behind.”

Did that judge just call my name? I looked up and I saw that the third girl was also staying behind.

“It's very rare to see two such talented singers in one audition. And, in one audition group! Shocking. But, you two are wonderful. Please showcase your talents further and dance to the music please.”

Did she just say dance? I didn't practice dancing that much though. I'm really worried. I turned to the third girl to read her expression. But, she wasn't having much expression. She must be not so good too.

“I want you girls to freestyle to this song as best as you can.”

Then she turned on Wonder Girl's Tell Me. I did the best I could and so did the third girl. She played the music for about thirty seconds before she stopped it.

“I see you girls aren't the best at dancing, but your singing is really one of a kind. Please come back again on July 29th with another song prepared. If you do well, then we may sign you as trainees in our company.”

“I understand.” We said in unison. Then we left. We said our goodbyes to each other and went separate ways.

I was chosen. Chosen. Leaving Luhan seemed like the right decision right then. Because I would rise to fame. Soon enough, I would be like So Nyeo Shi Dae. That was my thought.

I practiced every single day my new song and made my family listen to me sing and just basically made everyone give their thoughts on my singing.

-

The Day of the Second Audition

I went in to the second audition thinking that it would just be me and Han Li Yun. But, there was about 20 people in total.

“Okay, guys! Fifteen of you were chosen through auditions and the other five were from street casting. I want you all to prove to me that you guys are the best. The best singers and/or dancers. There will be anywhere from one to five of you people chosen to sign the contract. The maximum number is five. I'm sorry to say that not all of you will be signing our contract. However, if I feel like you have the skills, I may decide to refer you to another entertainment company.”

I was not the most confident about this, but I was determined to do this. I wasn't about to go to another entertainment company. SM was the best company and SM can make anyone rocket to fame. I wasn't about to let my chance slip through my fingers.

“Hey, Min Di.” Said a familiar voice. My blood ran cold. What was he doing here? I looked up slowly into the face of Luhan. He smirked and held his hand up and gave me a little wave.

---

Events in this story may or may not be true. My imagination. Please don't steal.

Vote and comment please! It'll make my day.