Chapter Four

They walked in the TARDIS without a word, Clara being ahead of his tracks. She picked up her coat and bag which rested on the captains chair for the past two days, hanging them across her arm. She didn't dare make eye contact with him when he joined in, she avoided it. She listened to his fingers bashing their strength down on the coordinates. Hopefully returning her back to London.

He stepped away from the console unit once they landed. His gaze at his shoes, head down. 

"Your still welcome anytime" he mumbled.

She walked up to him, her breath tickling, their noses almost touching. He shut his eyes.

"Liar" she said softly. All her bones sticking up straight, her self esteem rising than usual.

She pushed past him. Leaving her chances and future behind, slamming the doors which opened to them shut. They vibrated along the walls. The TARDIS remained quiet after that, the drowsy sound of the room kicking in. 

He felt numb. His mind which was full of worry for her, numb. If he told her the truth she'd die before him. He wanted to burst open.

---

She regretted storming out like that, her confidence washing away. The light wheezing sound of the Tardis was washing away too. No turning back now. She pulled on her jacket, wrapping it around herself tight, wishing it would trap all the tears away. If only it were that easy.

Why do you care?

The question hiked its way through her mind. She thought things were going to change, she thought a member of her family dying was going to make things okay. 

Why do you care?

Was there even a answer to that?

She made her way through the alley's clearing her way from the drunk who held their unwanted gazes at her. They sipped on their alcohols, hands wrapped around the neck of the bottles tight. She quickened her stride up, sniffing the tears up in the poisoned air.

It wasn't long before she came to a halt in front of a white picket, vines lacing their stems in between. She swung it open, the gate creaking. It wasn't her home, her home was long gone now. She pressed a finger to the door bell, the light buzzing sound heard from inside and shuffling foot steps rushing to answer.

A young boy squeezed his head out, a mane of frizzy hair surrounding him. 

"Clara!" 

"Hi Artie, anyone home?" She went on her toes viewing the house behind him.

"Yeah, come in"

They curled their selves on the sofa, Artie snuggling against her side. She felt a little calm that she was back with this familiar body next to her, her mind still plaguing her. Her eyes felt dry and weary from all the unshed, she couldn't sleep now though.

"You took long" he said. Flicking the pages of Summer Fall.

"Yeah...just spending the last moments with my mum" she said quietly. The last moments with the last of his kind.

"So what have you been doing then?" Clara asked, changing the subject.

"I've been reading this. You were right about chapter eleven" He tossed the book into her open palms. 

"So far, Oliver discovers a secret behind The Lord Of The Winter, where Kate doesn't. She's been kidnapped, but he is thinking twice in trying to save her as they've split up. I find Oliver selfish, she could get killed!" He roamed on.

 As they've split up. A fairy tale must always had related to her life, except hers was always cursed upon, she'd never had a happy ending.

"No tears?" she teased, grinning at him.

"I don't cry! I just felt bad for Kate" he said, protecting his boyish status.

I don't cry either, I just feel bad for myself, she thought.