⇢ game of tag

————————————————————————————

Zoe never meant to become close to [f/n]. Usually when she is met with a possible rival in the race towards Daniel's love, she gets riled up to the point of jealousy.

However, it wasn't the same for [f/n].

But she didn't want changes to her old ways. She wasn't used to it. So when the [h/c] haired girl approached her the next day, Zoe completely ignored her as if she wasn't there.

Throughout class, since the teacher wasn't present, [f/n] tried talking to her but was ignored every time.

After a while, the cross dresser got so fed up that she gave up on trying to talk to Zoe and settled with talking to Jay.

Despite Zoe's attempts on distancing herself from [f/n], she still felt guilty and a bit sorrowful about her decisions.

Maybe it was because she first appeared male?

The third day of school came by with [f/n] in a blonde, short wig along with skinny jeans and a fashionable men's sweater shirt. Zoe tried to detect any change to how she felt towards the girl but ended up becoming more confused than ever.

She was so distressed to the point where she ignored anyone who attempted to approach her, including the handsome Daniel.

It got to the point where she had to physically get herself together.

She'd excused herself from the lunch table, in which she'd automatically sat at with her group of friends, which also included [f/n]. Pushing her finished lunch tray towards the pile of dirty trays, she made her way towards the lady's restrooms.

After splashing her face with water and reapplying her makeup, she stared in wonder at her reflection. She viewed herself as pretty, not as much as a bunch of girls but she considered herself attractive. But then there was [f/n], who seemed to be perfect as both female and male.

"Ugh, that transfer student. [f/n], right?"

Voices broke Zoe from her thought process as she furrowed her eyes at the group of girls. They had their skirt pulled up high to show off their thighs and the top of their dress shirt unbuttoned to expose their chest. Typical girls that Zoe once was.

"Yeah, she's a total slut right? Dressing up as a guy to get closer to them?"

Her breathing quickened and before she realized it, she had the girl by the hair.

"What did you say about [f/n]?" She slammed the girl's face into the wall, anger consuming her thoughts. The other girls tried to grab at her, but someone held them off by pushing them to the floor.

"Zoe," the person pried her hands off of the poor girl before dragging her out of the bathroom and to the empty hallway.

The black haired girl finally calmed down before she stared at curious [e/c] eyes.

"You never told me you could beat up a person senselessly," she mused, taking off her blonde wig along with the wig cap. "What's bothering you?"

She stayed silent for a while before saying, "They called you a slut."

"Oh, is that all? That's alright. Expected that to happen, after all. You know what they say, takes one to know one." Zoe giggled at that, which made [f/n] smile.

The two spent the whole lunch period talking and walking around the school. Somehow, they warmed up to each other despite their thoughts of each other from before.

---

oof.
zoe is a good girl. i love her.

also sorry about the short chapter. i've been working on a fanfic idea for the anime bnha, so i might publish that soon.

don't be a silent reader!

published - 07.31.18
edited - 12.25.18

18