nineteen

"Hi, Louis."

"Harry, we need to talk about something."

"What is it? Is it the thing you needed to talk to me about a few days ago?"

"Yeah, it is."

"Well, you can tell me, whatever it is."

"Okay."

...

"I-I can't marry you."

"W-What? What are you talking about?"

"I love you, I love you so much. And I can definitely see myself marrying you in the future. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. But we're still young and I'm just not ready for that lifelong commitment, and I'm sorry. When you proposed to me, I knew I wasn't ready for marriage, but I said yes because in that moment you made me feel so special and I thought that was what I wanted but it's not, not yet. But like I said, I do want to spend the rest of my life with you, I just don't want to make that commitment yet."

"But why can't you make that commitment yet if you know you want to be with me forever? That makes no fucking sense. And we're supposed to get married in less than two weeks. You had months to tell me you didn't want to marry me and you chose to wait until now. Do you not fucking see what's wrong with that? You can't just waste my time and money on a wedding that's not even going to happen. I was so fucking excited to finally truly know I'm going to be with you for the rest of my life, my whole family and all my friends think we're getting married and are coming here in only a few days and right before the wedding you come and stomp on my fucking heart-"

"Harry, please don't cry. You're making me cry. I know I should've told you sooner, I just didn't know how because I didn't want you to be mad, but I waited too long and now the situation is way worse than it should've been and I'm so sorry. But I'm not going anywhere. I'm gonna be here in a week and I'm gonna be here in 10 years. I'm never ever leaving you. We will get married someday, and that's a promise I'll never break. I'm going to love you until the day I die and I tell you that every day and I'll keep telling you that every day."

"Please marry me."

"Harry, I'm not ready. Please don't cry."

"O-Okay."

"I love you."

"I love you too, L-Louis."

***

idk if this is good lol but i wanted to have something somewhat interesting happen