Caged

I open my eyes as my hair falls in my face. I'm still being carried by someone, but I don't know who. I'm too weak to try anything, hell, I can hardly keep my eyes open. All I can feel is an intense aching through my whole body.

I manage to cast my eyes around my surroundings and what I see shocks me.

Faces of terrified and confused people cloud my vision. Dim lights dances around in the background and large oak doors surround us.

I'm being brought to a room. A very bright room.

I squint my eyes to avoid going blind, but as soon as I do, I wish I didn't. An aching feeling spreads throughout my head and my eyes begin to automatically close. Again, I'm falling unconscious.

The sharp pain shooting through me begins to subside and become a dull ache. The heavy feeling in my chest becomes lighter and my vision becomes clouded. I can hear faint voices and distant shouts, but the more they shout, the more distant their voices become.

And although I'm struggling to stay awake, or even breath for that matter, I know that if I slip into the darkness I won't feel the pain, but I might never wake up.

I know that you're probably thinking that I'm weak if a hit on the head can cause this much damage, but it's not from hitting my head. It's from not shifting back into your human form for years, then just suddenly shifting. It's from the pain it brings and the weakened healing process.

I can't hold on anymore, the sounds, lights and feelings around me begin to fade, and eventually disappear until I'm completely consumed by the darkness.

_____________________________________________

I wake up with a jolt. I don't know how long I was out. Hours, days? Maybe longer but I don't know.

I'm on a cold hard floor somewhere. Where? I don't know.

Why? I still don't know.

How? Well you can probably guess how.

All I remember is running, getting attacked, and what not.

I'm still in pain, but not that much anymore. My senses still feel numb and I'm finding it hard to move.

It hurts so much.

I manage look down at myself and I see that I look disgusting. And repulsive and ugly.

My legs have black mud streaks and are cut so deep that I'm surprised I haven't died from blood loss. My arms are the same and they're also blood soaked. My hands and feet are bandaged and bruised.

I manage to move a hand up and run it through my hair. As I drag my hand through it, I wince at the pain it brings. My hair is knotty, tangled, matted with blood and dirt and is longer than before. My head has a bandage wrapped around it, so me being me, I do the only thing I can think of.

I curl my fingers around the material and yank it over my head. I gasp in pain as the rotten air assaults my head injury.

I look down and realise something, someone changed me.

Yeah cause if you shift back from being in wolf form, you're totally butt naked.

Someone changed me into a black tank top and dark blue shorts. (With underwear, obviously).

I'm able to fully sit up now and as I begin to look around, I hear voices. Footsteps and voices. And they're coming this way! I don't know what to do!

But before I can do anything, the door swings open.

I look away as soon as I register who it is. The Alpha Brothers. Taylor and Marcus Lightwood.

Taylor (the older one) comes towards me and kneels down in front of me. He then lightly grabs my chin and makes me look at him.

"Who are you?" He asks in a soft and calm tone, however his eyes show anything but that.

Worry, fear, impatience, regret, anger, confusion, sorrow and the most prominent, surprise. 

When I don't answer, he asks again, his voice a bit more rough, "who are you?"

Silence...

"Look Taylor, she's obviously not ready to talk yet. Let her be, we'll talk to her in the morning." Marcus pipes up. Worry lacing his tone and sorrow written all over his face.

He adds to make up Taylor's mind completely. "She's obviously been through a rough and traumatic ordeal. We'll see if she's ready to talk in the morning. C'mon."

With that, Taylor lets go of my chin, stands up and begins to back away. "I'm sorry." He whispers.

Wait? He's sorry?

"She needs to rest." Marcus says to no one in particular.

And with that, they leave.

Wow. I've basically been caged. Like an animal

I lay back down in a comfortable position and welcome the darkness.