Home Coming

Olivia...

I smile as I feel the soft grass and firm earth beneath my bare feet. I look at my alpha and the gamma and I let out a nervous laugh.

I look around the pack land and smile to myself. It hasn't changed a single bit. I'm home.

"How's it feel to be home?" Charles asks gently, studying me.

"Nerve wreaking." I reply and release a shaky sigh. "Do you think they'll still want to be my friends?" I ask with uncertainty.

"Who?" Travis asks in a questioning manner.

I turn and give him a flat look. "The boogie man!" I say sarcastically.

"Really?" Travis asks, astonished.

"Ye- no, you idiot. Lydia and Erica, who else?" I reply in a 'duh' tone. Seriously. You'd think that after knowing me for years, he would know when I'm being sarcastic. But noooo.

"Wow. Even after like, what? A year and a half of being on the run you still have so much sarcasm." Charles comments and we all laugh. "Well, come on. Let's get you home." Charles begins to usher me towards my house.

"Wait!" I cry out and dig my heels into the ground. "What- what if they don't wanna see me? What if- what if they hate me? How do you know that they won't try to kill me?" I start to panic. "What if they think I'm not... me?" I whisper the last part but I know that they heard me.

"Hey, hey. Calm down! I promise that you'll be okay. We won't let anything happen to you. If even one of them tries anything- anything at all- they'll have me to deal with." This time it's Travis that talks and hugs me.

"What if nobody trusts me anymore?" I quietly whimper into Travis' coat.

"You're over thinking it. Stop. Slow down. You're finally home and everyone has been waiting for this day to come. Don't let fear ruin this." He soothes.

When I don't budge, he picks me up and carries me to the front door of my house. As he steps inside the house, he plants me on my feet and closes the door behind him. I look around and frown when I don't see anyone. I can hear multiple heartbeats though.

"Wha-" I don't even get to finish my sentence before I'm cut off.

"WELCOME HOME!!!" A chorus of cheers evoke from everyone who jumps out of hiding.

I instinctively jump behind Travis and peak at everyone from behind him. "Olivia?" I take a deep breath and their familiar scent hits me. But it's changed a bit.

I step out from behind Travis slightly and smile when I see them. "Lydia. Erica."

"Yup. And you better believe it." Her sassy attitude brings a wave of laughter over the three of us. "We missed you, Liv."

"I missed you guys too." They run to me and engulf me in a bone crushing hug. When I can no longer breathe I am forced to stop the hug. "Can't. Breathe." I croak. They let go of me and smile while I catch my breath. "Wow. You've both gotten really strong."

"I know and guess what?" She practically jumps for joy. I look around the room and smile at all of the new and old faces that I see. I turn my attention back to Erica and she holds up a hand. I instantly grab her hand and gasp with both shock and joy. I turn the ring around her finger and read what the words engraved say.

"Promise to love me." Read the engravement. I look up to her and we both smile. "It's a promise ring." She comments and I turn it again to see the word 'mate' engraved on it. My head shoots up to look her in the eyes and I see her practically jumping for joy.

"You found your mate?" I squeal and she nods. We both squeal and jump in happiness. We hug and I feel like I never really left.

I pull away and turn to Lydia. "Have you found your mate?" I question her. She laughs lightly and chuckles. She nods and I throw my arms around her in a bone breaking hug. I pull away shortly after and look around. I lock eyes with a similar face that I wear. "Mum." I breathe. I run to her and throw my arms around her. We hug for awhile and we eventually pull away. After getting welcomed back by everyone I excuse myself to go clean up and get into some better clothes.

I turn the shower on and get undressed. As soon as the water is warm enough, I jump into the shower. I wash my hair and use raspberry shampoo and conditioner. I use vanilla shower gel and when it's all washed off, I turn the water off. I get out of the shower and grab two towels. I wrap the larger one around my body and use the smaller towel to dry my hair. Once I'm dry I grab some fresh under wear and put them on. I grab a bra and clip it on. I take a look in my wardrobe and grab a vest top and some black jeans.

I grab some socks and put them on before I put on my jeans and top. I brush my hair and when I've got all of the knots out of my hair, I braid it. I braid it from the front left and it ends at my right elbow. I put on some concealer and lip gloss and I slip on my favourite sneakers.

I walk down the stairs quietly and peak into the living room. Every one is either talking, reading, laughing or cuddling. Aww. I walk into the living room and just as I'm about to say something, I catch a scent. Charles jumps up and Travis follows. I'm sure my eyes are bright yellow by how everyone is looking. Charles' eyes are bright red, Travis' are bright yellow and my suspicion is confirmed when I catch a glance in the mirror. A pack warrior busts through the door and he looks deathly scared.

"Alpha... The- there's intruders. They just crossed the boarders." He pants. I run up to him and grab him by the collar. I slam him against the door and he hisses.

"Who is it?" I press for an answer when he doesn't respond. "Who is it?" I tighten my hold on his neck until his face begins to turn blue. When he is ready to tell me, he claws at my hands. I drop him and he lands at my feet, hunched over and gasping for air. He looks up at me and manages to croak the answer that I'm dreading.

"Cole Bridgewood's pack. The redwood pack."