Avoiding the Truth

I wake up hearing shouts and urgent whispers.

I sit up and lean against the wall for support. When I stretch my limbs, I wince at the groaning protests of them.

When my head clears enough, I take in the background noises of the place and listen intently to a hushed conversation just beyond the walls.

"- I know but please, just let me see her. If it is her then I have to know why." The voice holds a pleading note to it.

"Alright but we're going to be there, and tread lightly around her, there's something wrong and we can all feel it. Something happened and she hasn't spoke a word to anyone." Marcus' voice rings out.

No.

Please no.

"Thank you so much." My old alpha's voice rings out.

I hear numerous footsteps coming this way. What do I do?

Before I can I do anything though, the door swings open, revealing 4 people.

"Oh my God. Is that her?" Charles breathes out.

In return, Travis shrugs.

Marcus and Taylor gesture for them to enter.

As soon as they do the tension sets thick on everyone's shoulders.

"Hey, is it really you?" Charles asks while taking a step towards me.

In return, I blink and stare blankly at the wall.

"Please look at me." He pleads.

Silence....

"Careful." Marcus' voice rings out.

Only then do I realise that Charles has taken several steps towards me and is staring at me in a threatening way.

"I know it's you." He drags out.

Silence... again.

"Listen, I know it's you so you better look at me and stop ignoring me or else." He uses the alpha tone.

"Calm down." Taylor calls out.

"NOW!" Charles shouts.

I reluctantly look at him and see a spark of recognition in his eyes.

"Olivia." He breathes out. "Why?"

I don't answer, instead I just stare at him.

"Please, Beta Martin, speak to us." Travis pleads.

I look at him, shocked.

"Don't pretend you don't know us. I can prove its you."

He gestures to my wrist.

Before I have time to react, he grabs my wrist and yanks it to him. He turns it over and reveals my birth mark. A crescent moon with clouds.

Him doing this also brings back memories of when we first met.

**********************************************************************************************************
Flashback...

6 years ago...

"Omg Liv, I can't believe Jackson just asked you out!" Erica shouts.

"And you flat out rejected him." Lydia adds.

Jackson Jones (a.k.a JJ) is the total badboy of the school and is a total jerk. And popular. And the person I want to punch every day of my life.

He caused so much trouble for me that he got a black eye and bust lip. From Erica.