1

A/N: Song- press song! If you want. Song!;

^
"I Am Not Nothing"
by Beth Crowley

_
I am proud to present this story, Storm Grey, to you readers. To those who read Darker Than Voldemort, here is what I promised. To those who haven't read it, you should try it out.
—!—
*Warning*
—!—
There might be a use of swearing along with content unsuitable for certain viewers (No sexual content, if that's what you think).
/
The clouds covered the sky all across. The moon just barely visible as lightning strikes land miles away. Thunder growled every few seconds. Rain pouring down heavily on everything it could. Sounds of the water against windows seeming similar to pebbles and rocks on concrete.

/

A little girl lay on the floor of her own room. A tall man, her father, hovered over her with a threatening glare. Anger and fury in his eyes.

The young girl shook in fear. Her eyes were filled with it. She closed them as her father's clenched fist raised in the air just about to strike.

/

She didn't know what to expect. Nothing like this has ever happened before.

She had only ever felt pain from tripping over rocks and sometimes roots sticking out of the ground. She had only shed a tear when those things happened.

She didn't ever get punished. She was well behaved.

Did she really deserve this?

/

When her father's fist made contact with her cheek, she let out a cry of pain. It was horrible, more than anything she ever felt.

Worse than falling off the swing and tripping over stairs. It was worse than getting a shot at the doctors.

Worse because her father had been the one to do it.

/

"Don't make a sound, or else. It only makes it worse. You're a complete ugly stupid fool. You disgust me. Don't ever talk to strangers again"

The girl was scared but still tried to defend herself.

"B-but daddy, it was only one kid. I thought he'd like to play" said the scared little girl.

Her father glared and scowled.

/

"Next time and every other time after that, keep to yourself. No one needs or wants to talk to you. Stick to reading books because no one will ever be your friend. Remember that" said her father, spit flying out of his mouth every so often. The words sunk into the girl's head.

/

Her father raised his hand in a fist and smacked the little girl's arm. She let out a whimper once it made contact with her delicate skin. He lifted his fist again to hit her another time.

She turned her head with her cheek on the floor and her eyes closed. She was scared out of her mind.

/