18

A/N: Does anyone have any song ideas? Or ideas ideas on what to continue with in the next couple of chapters? Yeet thanks

*Warning*

There is none :)
At least, unless I have to warn you that Ginny is kinda annoying in this chapter? Yeet idk
Note: Not as short as previous chapter, but could've been longer... welp enjoy!
-

"Hermione, would you please explain to me why you were gone that whole time during Christmas break and how come you and Malfoy have become so close?"

The library was mostly empty, and the few other occupants were too far away and distracted to hear the girls' conversation.

"I-It's complicated, I-I-I don't know what you want me to say. Draco wasn't very fond of me at first but he softened up a bit when he realized— he just softened up, okay?"

"No, no, what were you going to say? He softened up when he realized what? What is it? What's going on? You don't have to hide everything from everyone. Please, Hermione, I won't tell anyone but you have to tell me what is happening with you. Something's different about you, and I don't know what"

The older Gryffindor fumbled with her hands, avoiding eye contact as her mind tried to think of the best thing to respond. She needed to say something that didn't reveal too much, and yet satisfied the young ginger's curiosity.

"I just... I've had a..." Hermione struggled to make up her mind on how she was going to word her answer to the girl's question.

"Yes..?"

The fourth year was growing impatient, but was decent enough to try to hide it. Though, it was a bit obvious, and she was a bit restless. She just wanted to know what was up with the bookworm, and she didn't understand why she couldn't get a straight answer.

"My childhood was a bit difficult, a-and I recently learned some troubling information, so my mind has been all over the place and—"

"On with it, already. Stop avoiding it and tell me what's happening with you"

The younger one's voice rose a bit, and a 'shush' was heard from across the room. Then another noise was heard by the two female Gryffindors. The noise of some light footsteps approaching them.

"Hey, are you alright? Is Gin bothering you?"

They both nearly jumped when Ron had turned at the corner of the bookshelves. They were not expecting him.

"I-It's fine, I'm f-fine. Ginny, I'm fine, okay? Draco's just gotten a chance to know me better as a person rather a piece of dirt. Couldn't you just be happy for me, please? I've never felt more at peace with myself and my surroundings. Please, will you drop it?"

The youngest of the famous ginger family was a bit surprised at hearing the girl before her say that her life was peaceful with the Slytherin around, while simultaneously implying that it was not prior to their recent bonding.

It worried Ginny to think of what was troubling the girl before Christmas, but she had no solid potential lead to help her figure it out. So the girl decided to accept the fifth year's wishes and leave it at that.

At least, until she observed her brother's expression. He had this knowing look as he faced his best friend. She could tell he knew something she didn't, and she planned to ask him what he knew at a later time.

"I'll drop it. Forgive me if I came across as intrusive or bothersome or anything. And hearing how Draco's decided to act like a decent human being, I am happy for you."

She offered a smile for the older girl, trying to destress her. She could tell she was overwhelmed from her questioning, and felt awful about it.

"I better get going," the young girl excused herself. "I'm supposed to meet with Luna so she can tell me about Nargles"

With that, the youngest Weasley left the two behind in the library.

"I don't want to seem a bit intrusive, myself, but I can't help but wonder if anything is going on with you and Draco?"

"W-what—? N-n-no, of c-course not!"

The ginger male rose an eyebrow, aware that she was telling the truth, and also aware of how strange her behavior was.

He could tell that while there was nothing going on between the two, she definitely wanted there to be. And, to be completely honest, he was all for it.

He realized last night, while lying in bed with his thoughts, that the Slytherin seemed to really care for her. He realized that they would make a great couple.

"Uh-huh, okay," the boy slyly grinned, "well we should probably do something to change that"