Seven

"You know, he's not going to accept this right?"

Sighed a tired Min Yoongi. The bags under his eyes were only growing stronger as the days passed on.

Each day feeling more distressing than the last. It was exactly how everyone was feeling.

Though the certain younger boy in front of him held a determined look in his eyes. He fiddled with the ring placed on his promise finger as he bit his bottom lip.

"I know. "

"I just don't want him to be alone. "

Yoongi only glowered more, his heart growing sadder by the minute.

"Jimin." He barely rasped out, completely exasperated. "He has us. All of us, we.. we can take care of him. Can't you trust us?"

And Jimin just smiled sadly at Yoongi, a look of understanding placed itself into his eyes.

"He does. But, growing up he's only ever known me. Now I know it sounds very selfish of me, but I honestly think this is a good idea. Yoongi, please."

Jimins eyes were pleading, slowly simmering over with tears. "He..he doesn't have much longer." The younger boy by now was already sobbing. Barely even to make full coherent sentences.

"I've got to do this. I know, for a fact that after I do this, he's just going to shut everyone out... but... but if you do this then I know it'll help him. Atleast for awhile. Then he'll open up. "

Yoongi sat up, ready to console the boy but Jimin merely put his hand up, shaking his head slightly. He took a few deep breaths in, while wiping his tears.

"I'm going to go through with the surgery." Jimin whispered. "Then if worst comes to worst... please understand, this is my last wish. " and Jimin looked up, making eye contact with Yoongi. He smiled, a sincere smile, and Yoongi  could see it, as plain as could be. That Jimin was serious, he held no doubt in his gaze as he spoke those words.

Yoongi only teared up, he felt as though all the truths hit him at once. "You really are reckless, Park Jimin. "

And Jimin got up to hug Yoongi, wrapping his arms around the older he squeezed tight. "Love is reckless, Yoongi. Reckless, but worth it. "

Reckless indeed. For Jimin had a promise he was going to keep, a promise he knew he could never break.

As fate had held it, threw many obstacles his way, Jimin fought. Hard. He fought for the love he so dearly wanted to keep. If it meant throwing himself into open fire, he did so with an open mind and heart.

Most of Jimins life was held due to an innocent promise, a promise he held up to. A promise to protect and to always be there.

And he was.

In ways that many wouldn't have expected, Jimin was still there.

In body, and in soul.

Even if Jimin himself didn't know it.