Chapter Six

T o n i - Chapter six

My eyes flutter open at the sound of the front door opening and closing. I lift my head up a little and see my television on while I was wrapped up in a ball. I roll onto my back and stretch my arms and legs out. I look over to see Christian covered with my fuzzy blanket, still sleeping.

I guess we must of fell asleep while watching movies last night. Standing up and walking to my closet, I change into faded ripped jeans and rainbow socks, pulling his hoodie off and changing into a black shirt and throwing his hoodie back on.

I walk back out and see Chris sprawled out across my bed with his leg hanging off the edge. I smile and walk over to my mirror letting my hair fall down into little waves. I wipe off my face with makeup wipes and add mascara on and fill in my eyebrows.

"Toni. Are you awake?" I look over to my door and see my mother standing in the doorway. I smile and follow her eyes that were glued to a sleeping Christian. "What were you guys up to last night?"

"We were watching Netflix. I guess we must of fallen asleep." She shakes her head and walks over to me. I do my eyeliner on my left eye, looking at her in my mirror. "I thought you were coming home tomorrow?"

"We decided to come back earlier." She sits on the edge of my desk that had my mirror hanging above it, still watching me do my eyeliner. "What have you been doing this week?"

"Kirsten and I were at the mall one day, then Karisma stayed over most of the week, and Crawford plus Christian all hung out here playing video games and hanging out." She nods her head and crosses her left leg over her right.

"Dillon and I plan on going to Washington for the rest of the month to see his parents since thye arent doing very well. I was wondering if you wanted to go or stay here." I couldnt believe she was leaving again. But that was my mother for you.

"I think I will stay here. I dont really want to see his parents." She laughs while nodding her head. "I dont really like what they said about my dad last time we spoke."

"They arent the nicest people ever, I know that. And I think they should apologize for that but you know they wont." I nod my head and back up from the mirror, checking myself out.

"When will you guys be leaving?" My mother checks her phone and then looks up at me with sad eyes.

"Tomorrow morning. We couldnt get a later flight and he wanted at least a day to pack more things since we will be gone longer." I sigh and sit next to her, looking at Christian who was still sleeping. "I wish I could stay with you but they're my family too now."

"Yeah I get it mom. Why dont you get some sleep and I'll make lunch." My mother kisses my cheek and walks out of my room. I sigh heavily and smirk. Christian lays on my bed passed out. I walk over to him and watch his sleeping face.

That sounds creepy but he looked so peaceful and I could ruin that peace. I back up a little and jump onto his body, him spazzing at the contact. He huffs and looks up at me. I smile innocently and place my hands on his chest.

"You scared the shit out of me!" I throw my head back in laughter, looking down at him. He covers his face and breathes heavily. I giggle and get off of him.

"Come on Chris, I want lunch and I want you to come make some with me." He nods his head and uncovers his face. I smile and walk out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen. He follows behind me looking like a zombie.

I grab a package of hamburger meat that I left out for dinner tonight but maybe we could all go out before my parents left me for a month. I had the decision to go with but I didnt want to go. I grab out the ingredients for making tacos and place them on the counter.

"Tacos!" I laugh at Christians excitement and nod my head. Tacos are my favorite food and I guess he must love them too. He finds a pan and places the meat onto it, turning the heat up and breaking the meat into pieces.

I sit on the counter and watch him cook the food. I smile and lean my head against my shoulder, giggling as he almost slips on the tile. He sits next to me and leans his head against the cupboards, looking at me.

"Y'know. I really like hanging out with you." I chuckle and look at the stairs, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I like hanging out with you too. You never get boring." He laughs and scoots closer to me. I nudge him with my shoulder and turn my body to face him. "I mean it Chris. I never became friends with someone so fast like I have with you and your siblings." He smiles and cups my cheek with his hand.

"Im glad you dont get bored with me. It would suck so much since I have gotten to know you and became close with you. My siblings love you and I love you." I blush and lay my head on his chest.

"I love you too Christian." I hope he didnt take it as something more than it really is. It was a friendly 'I love you' but did his 'I love you' mean something more? Or am I just overthinking?