1 : Run Away

Dipper's PoV

It happened again. Great. Our third summer back and we just had to go through another Weirdmaggedon. My sister and I were previously out monster-hunting, like we normally do. We saw a tear form in the sky and the Fearamid appear again, with all of the hench-maniacs filling the sky.

We ran inside the Shack, where Grunkle Ford was already resetting the unicorn hair, and Grunkle Stan was getting the necessary weapons for the second apocalypse. By the time we'd gotten back, the monsters of the forest were already gathering in there again. Some new, some the same as before.

I can't even really remember how it started. I think I accused Mabel, from when I remembered how it started last time. At first, it was meant as a joke. Then it turned into a massive fight between my sister and I. She's become a whole lot more sensitive since then. The smallest teases or the most meaningless comments could make her explode with all different emotions.

The fight continued for quite a while, before I lost my temper.
"You've always been the cause of nearly all of my problems! If you didn't exist, I'd be fine!"
There was an echo of gasps heard from all around the Shack, and I saw my sister's eyes swell with tears.

The silence that followed was uncomfortable, but I still held my dominant gaze as I watched Mabel's face turn bright red from anger.
"Okay, okay." Stan interrupted our staring contest. "Break it up. I don't want you two getting into a-"

"He started it!" Mabel snapped, and went full on accusing me of every little slip-up I'd ever made, not giving me a chance to object them. I felt my face burn up and my anxiety shooting through the roof as everyone stared at me and my sister.
"I hate you!" I screamed at her before running out of the Shack door.

I didn't care that I could've gotten killed out there. I'd rather be dead than with her, anyways. I heard the pleading shouts of my family fade to silence as I ran deeper and deeper into the forest. The only thing I could hear now were the faint screams of the townspeople, the manic laughter of the hench-maniacs, and my own heavy breathing.

I sat down by a tree, leaning onto it in a not-so-comfortable position. I shut my eyes.
Why am I so goddamn stubborn? I thought.
"Stubbornness isn't something to be annoyed at yourself for having..." I knew it was Bill the second I heard his first word.
Not opening my eyes, I dropped my head backward onto the tree. "Hi, Bill."

"Oh, c'mon, Pine Tree! You could at least look at me!" He moaned, sounding disappointed and annoyed at once.
I sighed, turning my head. When I opened my eyes, I was extremely surprised at what I saw.

Bill was in, what appeared to be, human form. He looked about 15, (though, arguably 16, as he was slightly taller than me - about two inches or so) though I knew he'd been around for much longer than human existence. His skin was pale and he had bright yellow hair with black underneath. His eyes were light brown ; more like golden, to be honest. He wore a white shirt and black trousers, which fitted him perfectly. Over them, he wore a yellow tailcoat with a black brick pattern towards the bottom. He had black boots on, that didn't seem to have any kind of buckles or lacing. Around his neck, he wore a black bow tie and a black top hat floated above his head. In his hand, he held his black cane.

"Woah..." Was all I managed to say.
Bill laughed, floating off of the ground. "You like it? I thought I'd look like you meat-sacks so you'd stop calling me a Dorito."

I froze for a moment.
Wait a minute! I thought. If there's another tear in the sky, that means...!
"Indeed, Pine Tree!" Bill replied to my thoughts. "I can do whatever I like to Gravity Falls with almost no limits! Heck, I could even kill you right here and now."

My heart skipped a beat at his comment.
I gulped. "Are you?"
Bill laughed hysterically — even throwing himself down, next to me. I felt myself blush as he sat close beside me, so much that our shoulders were squished together.
"I'm not going to kill you!" He practically yelled. There was a small pause. "I'm going to offer you something."

I was about to deny any deal he was going to ask me before I felt one of his fingers press against my lips. Once again, I felt blood running to my cheeks to make me look even more embarrassed than I already was.

"Uh-uh-uh! Before you say anything, I want you to hear me out." He breathed in heavily, as if his next words were hard for him to say. "I just wanted to know, seeing as you just had a massive fight with your sister, if you wanted to crash at my place."

I stared for a while. Bill was... genuinely helping me? I didn't have to ask how he knew about the fight my sister and I just had. It was obvious he'd read my mind or eavesdropped on us.

"No tricks? You'll just... let me stay?"
He awkwardly shuffled next to me. "I know I used to be a completely crazy, psychopathic demon but, I've changed. A bit, at least. And I've taken a liking to you." He said those words quickly ; I could barely understand the last few. "So, what do you say?"

I felt an urge to hug him, though I didn't know why. He'd changed? What was that supposed to mean? I thought, for just a second, he might be tricking me. But, the awkward look on his face ; his genuine smile ; the blush of red creeping onto his cheeks. They all said otherwise.

Against, what I would've called, my better judgment, I replied. "Ok... thanks."
Bill grinned enthusiastically. "Great! Now, let's go!" He grabbed my hand (which made me blush even more, if that were even possible) and we teleported to the Fearamid.

- End of Chapter 1 -