♤-Chapter: 4-♤

"The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same." -- Colin R. Davis

Chapter 4: Roses are Red

2101 Woodpine Road

🎶Wait a second

Let me catch my breath

Remind me how it feels to hear your voice

Your lips are movin'

I can't hear a thing

Livin' life as if we had a choice🎶

I groaned at the irritating sound. What the hell, what is that sound? I tried to peel open my right eye and lazily look around for the dreadful device that has woken me. To my surprise, it was my cell phone.

🎶 I would do anything for you

Anything for you

Yesterday got away

Melodies stuck inside your head
A

song in every breath🎶

Why was my alarm going off? I rubbed my hands over my face and then it hit me. I was starting school today. Another groan left my mouth. Ugh, this sucks... I get up and sit at the end of my bed. I place my elbows on my knees rubbing my face again to wake up.

Coffee... I needed coffee! As luck would have it, Abby walked in with a huge black cup that had 'Good Morning' written in white letters, how ironic. I took it from her and nodded and thanks before taking a sip of the creamy goodness.

Life without coffee is like me without sleep, neither is recommended.

This was the first good cup of coffee I had in five years. The prison had coffee, which was cold 'so crazy people couldn't burn each other', it had no sugar 'because we didn't deserve sweetness' and there was never milk 'because the prison was cheap'.

I look at the clock that hung on my wall and saw that it was only 05:30. I stood up and walk to my closet.

There were so many gym outfits I could choose of but since the coffee hasn't kicked in yet, I was still too tired, so I picked the first thing my hand touched. It was light blue and black gym pants and a grey boyfriend sports bra. Quickly getting dressed and taking coffee sips here and there.

With my coffee cup now empty, I walk down the stairs to the kitchen to grab a one-liter water bottle before jogging back up the stairs to the gym room. I knew this was going to be a routine; wake up, drink coffee, gym and then the rest of the important things.

I needed to exercise before going to school every day. It would keep up my physical strength and it would wake me up in the morning.

I run on the treadmill for 30 min non-stop, tripping and almost falling on my face a few times. I then did push-ups before taking a water break.

Following the water break, I did pull-ups, squats, and lunges before another water break. Remembering that I had to keep myself hydrated if I didn't want to pass out.

Then I did sit-ups, leg races, 5 min plank, and donkey kicks. Looking at the time I saw that I still had at least another hour left, so I continued punishing myself.