It's just another ordinary day

The sun was rising and the sunlight penetrated into my bedroom. I could feel the warmth of the sunlight on my face, which made me abruptly opened my eyes. At first, my eyes had a hard time adjusting to the blinding lights and everything seemed so blurry; but after a while, everything became very clear. I could see the wooden desk at the end of my bedroom with piles of papers and my leather briefcase on top of it. On the walls, I could see Rembrandt paintings hanging so majestically - contrast to the velvet black wallpapers behind it.
I turned to the other side to avoid the blinding sunlight and I could see my phone and ipad on my nightstands, along with an odd looking reading lamp. At the end of this side, there was a closed wooden door, which was my bathroom. Next to the bathroom, there was another wooden door which leads to my dressing room.

I forced myself to got up from the bed and practically dragged my feet to enter the bathroom. I groaned when I saw an unrecognizable figure in the long mirrors. I got bags under my eyes - probably because I haven't been sleeping well for the last couple of days, I had bristle covering my jaws, and my messy brown with a slight of greyish hair was a complete mess.

I took a quick hot shower, brushed my teeth and shaved. I put a gel on my messy hair and combed my hair into a sleek style, which I usually had anyway. With a towel wrapped around my waist, I proceeded to my dressing room. The room was large and well-lighted. My suits and shirts were hanging neatly. On the first drawer my ties and pants were folded cleanly. Where my t-shirts and jeans were folded accordingly in the scond drawer. The third drawer was for my training pants and pajamas. The bottom drawer was for my underpants and socks. Next to the big wardrobe was a big wooden racks where my shoes were organized in a row. Next to it was a small glass table where all of my watches lined up accordingly.

I put on a white shirt, accompanied by dark blue stripes tie and put on my gray pants and suits. That day, I chose my sharp looking black salvatore ferragamo shoes and a simple patek philippe for my watch. I went back to my master bedroom and took my phone and put on my glasses. The next thing I did was to organize the papers on top of my desk and put it in the briefcase.

The penthouse seemed too big, especially when you were living all by yourself. Well... technically. I got some maids, a chef and the head of security living with me in the penthouse. When I reached the dining area, there was already a set of healthy breakfast on the table, along with a coffee and newspaper next to it. I switched on the bluetooth soundsystem and the sound of Claude Debussy finally broke the silence in the big room.

"Good morning, Mr. Hammond."

The familiar voice startled me and I looked up from the newspaper and saw an athletic build man standing in the hallway. He had a blonde hair and light brown eyes; he was wearing a white shirt and black suit. I swore he could've been a model - until I decided to take him in and offered him a job as my head of security.

"Ah... Bryan... perfect timing. Good morning to you too. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes Mr. Hammond. Thank you for asking. Sir, your secretary called me earlier, she said the board of directors are on their way for the meeting."

My brown eyes were suddenly got bigger and I almost spat out the coffee from my mouth. "God damn it!" I thought... I completely forgot that today was the board of directors meeting. I stood up from the chair and grabbed my briefcase in a hurry, I couldn't even finished my breakfast because I suddenly lost my appetite - knowing that I would be in a room with boring and judgemental people. I hated the board meeting, I always had. Even when I was the owner of the company, it was the law that I should have the board of directors - the government said it was to gave me advice, but I just knew that the solemn purpose of that law was to ensure that I paid all the taxes required.

I entered the Lamborghini Urus on the back seat and sat quietly. Bryan was driving fast, but he was the only man I would trust my life with. I checked my phone to see all the e-mails and messages that had gone through from the night before. After a while, I decided to put my phone back in my pocket and gazed out of the window. We drove fast through the big tall buildings on both sides of the street and it was mesmerizing for a moment - London was a nice city to live in anyway. And then it hit me... that longingness to have someone in my life, someone to share my life with, someone who could give my life colours.

Quickly, I put aside that thoughts and feeling. Everyone dreams of being a billionaire and has the fame - but you know what? It was not as easy as it looks. When you have everything, people only wants to be around you for your money and fame. Yes, some of them are genuine, but majority of them don't even care about you. That was the reason why I gave up on friendship and love a long time ago. I've learnt my lessons the hard way and with my age, I definitely didn't want to feel that anymore. Maybe... just maybe... that was why I felt so lonely...

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a while, trying to regained composure of my thoughts and feelings, when I felt the car had stopped moving. I stepped out of the car and took a glance at the tall glass building in front of me. The lobby gave it all away because there was a sign that said "HAMMOND ENTERPRISE" - bolted into the marble walls behind the dark gray counters. Taking a deep breath once more, I finally walked into the lobby and thought "Here we go again... just another ordinary day..."

********************************************
Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed my first chapter. I still have a long way to go to finish this story, but I promise you I will get chapter 2 done tomorrow.

Please leave some comments. I would love to hear your thoughts about my story and how I could do better.

As I've mentioned in my bio, I've always loved writing, but I haven't write anything in a while. So, chapter one might be rusty, but I'll get better :)