━━ chapter one.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘❝ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐎𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐒 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐎𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐒

DAHLIA WATCHES from a distance, as she and the rest of the FBI agents entered the residence of Scott Lang. Chewing on her stick of gum, twirling her sunglasses around her pointer finger. Blowing a bubble from a gum, a loud pop echoing in the room, she stuns Agent Jimmy Woo. A former S.H.I.E.L.D. colleague of hers, as she was also recruited by the FBI, working under his unit.

"Do you mind?" Woo sighed. Dahlia smirked, continuing to chew her gum. She winks at Lang's young daughter, causing her to giggle.

"Come on Woo, he's been clean every time we check in. Accidents happen." Dahlia said.

"It is protocol, Whitehall."

"It's just a waste of time really, he has three more days left."

"Just use the sensor on the tracking anklet." Woo commanded her. Dahlia chuckles to herself, pulling out the sensor, placing it on the tracker around Lang's ankle. The light on the sensor changes from green to red, soon confirming that Lang was clean.

"Happy now?" Dahlia smirked. Woo groaned in annoyance.

"Thank you, as I said, it's hard to entertain a ten year old. All I have is magic tricks." Scott said, doing a card trick. Woo looked amazed by the trick.

"Come on Woo, it's time to go. We'll be back in three days Mr Lang. You'll be a free man soon." Dahlia said, smiling at Cassie.

"She's nicer than Mr Woo, daddy." she giggles. A cocky smile appears on Dahlia's face, as Woo mumbled incoherent sentences.

"Dahlia is your name?" Scott asked her.

"Yes it is." Dahlia nodded.

"Is Woo always uptight?"

"He cannot be when I'm around." Dahlia smirked. Scott chuckles, before Maggie Lang and officer Jim Paxton enters the house.

"Oh my god, you guys cannot just barge in whenever you feel like." Maggie angrily shouts at them.

"Actually they can." Jim noted.

"You need a warrant." Maggie continues.

"They don't really need one." Jim said.

"Really? Wow." Maggie was stunned.

"We're done here, sorry for taking up your time Mr Lang." Dahlia said. She slips on her sunglasses, blowing another bubble from her gum. Her boots creaks along the wooden floorboards, as she exits the residence. She hears Woo asking Lang how he did the magic trick he just demonstrated. Leave it to Woo to be sidetracked. Dahlia has better things to do with her time. She soon sees him heading her way, as the two of them entered the car.

"Why do you always undermine me? You're under my lead, Dahlia." Woo grumbled.

"Jimmy, you know he's not going to do anything reckless. He has three days left. What can guy who spent two years under house arrest do in three days?" Dahlia asked him.