━━ chapter eight.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧❝ 𝐂𝐀𝐑 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐒 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝐂𝐀𝐑 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐒

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁

"JUST IMAGINE a soldier the size of an insect. The ultimate secret weapon." Darren Cross paced back and forth, as several investors watched. Dahlia discreetly looking forward, trying to not grab the attention of Hope van Dyne and Hank Pym. Her sunglasses covering her eyes and her own hair hidden underneath a black shoulder length wig.

"What are you up to?" Dahlia scrunches her eyebrows, in deep thought by Cross' presentation.

"Well, I was inspired by the legend of the Ant-Man. And with my breakthrough shrinking inorganic material, I thought, could it be possible to shrink a person? Could that be done? Well, it's not a legend anymore. Distinguished guests, I am proud to present the end of warfare as we know it. The Yellowjacket!" A covering of a glass case opens up, revealing a tiny yellow suit. Dahlia's eyes widened in shock. How was Cross able to perfectly engineer the suit?

"No." Dahlia gazed across her, noticing the distressed looks on both Hope and Hank's faces.

"This is an all-purpose weapon of war capable of altering the size of the wearer for the ultimate combat advantage." Cross continued with his talk. This was Dahlia's cue to leave. Slipping past the guards, she exits the contained room. Her boots echoing on the floors of the building, noticing the looks from several employees.

Greeted by the light outside of the building, she pulls off the wig, letting her blonde locks rest along her back. Discarding the wig in a trashcan, she pulls out her phone dialling Bill's number.

A few rings, his voice soon greats her eardrums.

"Hello?"

"We have a problem." Dahlia said.

"What?"

"Hank's protégé is creating a suit similar to the Ant-Man suit."

"This is bad news. This can distract them from finishing the tunnel."

"So what now?" Dahlia asked.

"Hank is too old to don the suit. He needs a successor."

"And from what I remembered, he would not let Hope use the suit."

"Then I suggest you find someone who should and get Hank's attention." Bill cuts the call on her, making her groan to herself.

Dahlia pulls out a stick of strawberry gum from her pockets, popping it into her mouth. Her eyes soon land on the Baskin-Robbins ice-cream shop. Heading towards the shop, she noticed a familiar face working at the counter. Scott Lang, the infamous man who hacked into Vistacorp's systems. Maybe ice-cream was the answer.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

DAHLIA RUSHED outside to see Ava in the building across from her, engaged in a fight with Lang. A van drives up to her, as Hank exited the vehicle from the back.

"Is Bill in the laboratory?" Hank asked.

"Yes." Dahlia nodded.

"We will save her. I promise you." Hank patted her shoulder, before heading into the building. Hope exits the vehicle herself, walking up to Dahlia.

"Hey." she simply said.

"Hey." Dahlia said.

"Hey! I'm Luis!" a man calls out from the van, a huge smile plastered across his face. Dahlia knew who he was, seeing as she was the one to get the messages to Scott through him. Dahlia turns towards the building, watching as Bill rushed out. She watched as Hope returned back to the van, slamming the driver's seat door shut.

"Now." Hope said, as the building immediately shrinks down. The man named Luis rushes out of the van, grabbing the miniaturised laboratory in his arms before retreating back into the van.

"I let him use the tunnel." Bill informed her, surrounded by enlarged ants.

"I know. It's better this way." Dahlia sighed, as Hope sped away in the van. However, the van stops as three cars drive in their direction.

"Shit, Sonny Burch." Dahlia cussed. The van reverses, spinning around before Hope speeds away from Burch's men. Ava rushes out of the building, enraged.

"Car now!" Ava shouted at Dahlia. The two women rushed towards Dahlia's car, as the engine roars to life. Dahlia speeds up, as she rushes after Burch's men.

"Ava...I."

"Just don't. It's not your fault. I need to worry about the laboratory at the moment." Ava mumbled. The statement made Dahlia feel even more guilty than she already was. She let Hope take the laboratory because she knew they would help Ava. Hopefully, Ava would see it that way soon.

"This is madness..." Dahlia stuttered.

"Stop. I'll move on from here on my own." Dahlia's car comes to a halt in an alleyway. She watches as Ava jumps over a car, phasing through a moving car before her foot impacts one of Burch's men on a motorbike. Snatching the motorbike for herself, she drives after the van.

"Hope, please keep your end of the promise and save Ava. Please."

▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁

DAHLIA ENTERED the abandoned house, heading towards the bedroom she occupied. Curled up on the mattress was Ava. Her hair sprawled around her, as Dahlia watches the woman's chest rise and fall. Hopefully, her plan to involve Scott Lang can quicken Hank's progress on the quantum tunnel. For Ava's sake and her own heart.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

AUTHOR'S NOTE
26 / 11 / 2018

so the next few chapters will include events in the past which took place during the first movie and during dahlia's own past, so like backstory more like. also, like i stated before, some chapters will generally be shorter than usual. anyway, thanks for reading!

 anyway, thanks for reading!