6. Unknown Territory

"So, how do you feel?" Moira asked, chipper as ever, even when Gloria felt like she was going to burn a hole through the thin metal under her feet.

"Just fucking cure me or I'll fucking kill you," Gloria gritted through her teeth before throwing up the contents of her stomach.

"I see you've gone above and beyond with the radiation. I only asked for 200 RADs, you know."

A glance to her geiger counter, and Gloria realized that she was at 876 RADs. Moira giggled, for some reason, and pulled Gloria into the back of the shop, where she sat the Vaultie down on her bed and took her tests.

Gloria had passed out sometime between then and waking up on Moira's bed, and silently thanked whatever merciful God was watching over her that she didn't feel like throwing up.

She sat up and checked her geiger counter again, and sighed in relief when it was at zero RADs, and then stood up and walked into the store.

Moira was humming along with the radio, tinkering away at some device that Gloria knew wouldn't work unless she gave it batteries, and she smiled at Gloria when she cleared her throat.

"How are you feeling?" She sounded almost calm, not as energetic as usual. Gloria shrugged and said "I feel the same as usual."

"Well, that's good enough," Moira put down her screwdriver. "Listen... there was a problem. Nothing too serious just... a little tiny... mutation."

Well, the merciful God certainly wasn't as merciful as Gloria thought.

"All right, what is it?" She should have been mad, but for some reason, she couldn't get mad at Moira. It would have felt like she was kicking a kitten, if they still were around.

"You heal faster the more irradiated you are."

"Oh, well, that's not so bad. I thought you were going to tell me that I had another hand or something."

Moira laughed, "No, silly! That's just ridiculous! Your offspring would have another hand, not you!"

"Right," Gloria walked to the counter and leaned against it, "So, what's next?"

Moira pushed her project aside and leaned her arms against the counter in front of Gloria, "I need you to get some mines from a town called Minefield."

"Oh," Gloria sighed.

"All you need to do is go into the center of town and bring back a mine for me to look at."

"All right, cool," Gloria opened the map on her Pip-Boy and Moira marked its location, and Gloria turned around to leave, when she realized that she didn't have her gun on her.

"Where's my electric rifle?" She asked suspiciously, and Moira hummed in thought, then her face lit up, "Oh! I took it from you when I did your tests," She looked under the counter, then pulled it out and set it on top.

Gloria took it and slung it over her shoulder.

____

It was when Gloria woke up in yet another unfamiliar building with someone sleeping by her side she truly knew she was in unknown territory. And what's worse, is she had no idea where her clothes were. Not even her underwear.

With this newfound realization, she tried to remember what got her into this predicament.

She was on her way to Rivet City when she got a message on her Pip-Boy advertising a boat ride to a place called Point Lookout. She wasn't usually a curious person, but this piqued her interest.

A month on a boat, and there she was. Swamp and inbreds as far as the eye could see.

She can now vaguely remember a ghoul yelling at her and then she got really high and then she woke up with no hair and a large scar on her head. Some more shit happened to her, she was almost blown to pieces, and she had a casual conversation with a floating brain. Nothing out of the ordinary.