Come Back To Me

It was their second week in a pay-by-the-week motel room in BumFuckNowhere, Kansas. It was hot, it was dry when it wasn't flash-storming, and Sam was certain a tornado was going to sweep down at any moment, just like in the movie, and carry them to Oz. Still, the motel had a pool and functioning ice machines, so Sam was okay with it.

Nine days into their stay at The Royale (the name didn't fit at all), and Sam was sitting beside the pool. Next to him was the girl staying at the other end of the string of rooms, whom he had met the evening before. It was only the two of them out on the patio, which was lit by lights scattered about and by the large neon sign above the motel. 

They were laughing over a story the girl, Jackie, was telling. Sam wasn't expecting her to lean over and kiss him, and it caught him off-guard. He blinked at her as she pulled back and shot him a smile; moments later, she had her mouth pressed against his again.

Kissing her wasn't quite like kissing Dean. Her mouth was soft and full, as was his brother's, but it was.. different. He knew he should pull back – Dean would be pissed if he walked out and saw them right now. It felt nice, though, different nice, and – hell, he was 15 years old, so his libido was doing most of the thinking at the moment.

They kissed for a while, exploring one another's mouths; it was when Jackie slipped her hand up his thigh to brush his groin, while sucking at a spot on his neck, that he pulled back. Kissing was nice, but he belonged to Dean. Body, heart, and soul. He smiled at Jackie as she teased with a saucy smile,

"Too soon?"

"Gotta get back," he murmured, "My brother will worry. He kinda freaks when he's worried."

"Too bad," Jackie pouted, "I should too, though, my mom will also freak. She thinks I shouldn't be out in the dark, someone might get me." She rolled her eyes, and Sam smiled and refrained from telling her that her mom might be right. "We're leaving in the morning," the girl continued, "Maybe I'll see you again sometime." She dropped another kiss on his mouth before standing and heading off in the direction of her room.

Sam entered his own room minutes later, softly closing the door behind him. His eyes fell on Dean, whom was sitting on the small sofa, watching television and drinking a beer.

"How was the pool?"
his brother asked, glancing at him, and Sam crossed to sit next to him on the couch.
Before he had a chance to answer, Dean froze, eyes on his face.

"What's wrong?"

The man's eyes roamed his features before the older Winchester raised a hand to trace a finger along his bottom lip. He pulled his fingers away, and Sam saw the pink smeared on his fingertip: lipstick.

"Oh," Sam stared at the lipstick smear for a moment before raising his eyes to meet his brother's green gaze, "Um.. some girl kissed me. At the pool."

"She do that, too?" The man touched his neck, and Sam remembered that the girl had been kissing him there, too. He raised a hand, touched the spot that he was suddenly certain was sporting a hickey, and bit his bottom lip.

His brother stared at him, and he dropped his gaze.

"Dean, I'm sorry."

The older man shoved himself to his feet and headed for the door.
"Dean.." Sam's call was ignored; the door slammed shut behind his brother with a loud bang, causing him to flinch.

Moments later he heard the rumble of the Impala's engine.
Shit.

His brother didn't come back that night.
Nor the next.