I'm Your Boogeyman

"Boo."

Sam looked over his shoulder as arms slipped around his waist and the familiar voice murmured near his ear.

"Hey jerk," he shot his brother a smile as Dean leaned in close to brush lips against his cheek, "Where have you been?"

"Out for a drive," the older man smirked, nipping at his earlobe, "Bitch. Wanna go to a haunted house?"

Of course he did, and Dean knew it. Sam loved haunted houses. It wasn't necessarily the 'getting scared' bit - they didn't scare or startle him very often. He did enjoy the attempts, though, and the costumes and ambiance; and watching other people get freaked out was amusing.

The seventeen year old chuckled as Dean grabbed his hand and tugged him out of the motel room, in the direction of the car. "Thought haunted houses bored you."

His brother gave him a slight grin and answered, "But this one has a monster in it."

A monster, hmm? Sam raised his brows at his brother's back, but allowed himself to be led to the Impala. Dean had been restless for days now, and had spent the last few days looking for a target. The older man glanced back and winked at him, and Sam figured he had found one.

A short while later, he was standing beneath a lit street light, eyeing the Halloween decorations surrounding the haunted house. It wasn't a house so much as an old building with fake blood splatters and painted warnings on the outer walls. Life size scarecrows and painted ghouls and zombies lined the path leading inside, and people in costumes were jumping out to scare the visitors to the creepy old building.

Sam's eyes shifted to Dean as his brother approached through the glow of street lamps and orange lighting. A clown with a bleeding mouth rushed out of the shadows suddenly, moving between them, and Sam stepped back, startled: he was not a fan of clowns at all. The costumed actor cackled, a gleefully evil sound, and moved forward, but Dean was there suddenly, standing between him and the face-painted menace.

His brother's voice was a growl, "Beat it, Chuckles. Back to your circus of doom." The clown took a step toward them but paused as Dean shook his head; the actor apparently thought better of it, turning instead to chase after some girls passing by.

Sam rolled his eyes as Dean turned and smirked at him, but it didn't stop him from shifting closer as the man slipped an arm around his shoulders. "C'mon," his brother grinned, guiding him toward the building ahead of them, "I got the tickets, let's go."

Fifteen minutes later, they were entering the dark old building, illuminated by strings or orange and purple light strands, and flashing strobe lights. Fake fog was pouring into the entrance, and Halloween music, warped to sound creepy, was loud enough to make his teeth feel as if they were vibrating. A shiver of anticipation, the sort you get when you walk into a haunted house and prepare yourself to be terrified by whatever may be lurking inside, raced down his spine. Sam grinned at his brother and caught hold of Dean's hand; Dean's eyes caught and held his, and a shiver of an entirely different sort raced through him as the other licked his lips. He shot his brother another grin and pulled Dean through the hallway leading deeper into the building.

They made their way down the hallways, passing ghastly creatures and moving through the propped-out rooms of murder scenes. They had just entered the haunted hospital room, a standard for every elaborate haunted house, when Dean tugged Sam to a halt. His brother pulled him out of the doorway, into the unlit corner just inside the room.

Moments later, three girls entered the room and moved by them without noticing them. Both watched as a nurse with a blood splattered gown and a cut throat lurched toward the girls. The girls let out screams and laughter, and backed away.. right into the waiting arms of the scene's maniacal doctor. More screeches of laughter from the freaked out girls, until one of them cried, "Hey creep, hands off!" The doctor had arms around her and his hands on her breasts; even beneath the makeup, Sam could see him leering down at her. The actor humped against her, and the girl let out a horrified, angry shout. She jerked away, her friends clutching her hands to help her, and the three shot the doctor angry glares as they stomped out of the room.