Chapter 24

Annabelle's POV

I dragged myself out of bed, already knowing I was not ready to face the world at all. My pace slow and zombie like as my used all my strength to open my dresser. I was utterly exhausted, because I hardly got a wink of sleep. Every single time I would close my eyes I would see my mother, burning. Castiel came in every time I woke up, and I woke up at least five times, screaming. He would appear at the side of my bed and lay down with me until I went back to sleep. The last time I woke up, I stayed awake. There was no point sleeping if every time you slept, you would watch your parents die.

So, when my alarm clock went off, you can understand the deep hatred I felt toward it. It wouldn't shut up. It just kept ringing and ringing no matter what I did. So, I did the only thing I could think of doing. I crushed it into little bits. Probably not my best idea ever. I looked down when I stood up and could see all the really small fragments of alarm that scattered the floor. I simply shrugged and began shuffling through my dresser for something to wear. I pulled out a pair of light blue denim jeans and a red and white plaid shirt. I laced up my black boots and slowly made my way into the bathroom.

The bags under my eyes were an extremely noticeable purple and blue color, and my eyes were bloodshot. I decided to wash my face, which only slightly woke me up. I applied foundation to my face to get rid of the redness from the heat rash I had on my left cheek and concealer under my eyes to make it look like I got some sleep last night. I brushed my teeth, and I combed my hair not bothering to do anything with it except tuck it behind my ear.

As I was walking out of the bathroom, I decided I wouldn't let anyone notice how extremely sleep deprived I was. So, I put on a bright fake smile and added a little hop to my step. I practically skipped into the dining room. Everyone was sitting at the table, doing the exact same thing they did everyday. Sam was typing away on his computer and jotting down notes here and there on a notepad. Dean and "Paige" were talking excitedly at each other. And, as always, Cas-now back in Marcus's body- was leaning against a wall, waiting for me.

He shot me a sly side smile and made his way over to me. 

"What has got you all smiley today?" he asked as he leaned down to kiss me.

 I shrugged for the second time that morning and kissed him back very enthusiastically. Before the kiss could get any more heated though, Dean cleared his throat very loudly. I broke away from Cas, and Dean was glaring at us. Paige and Sam were just sitting there with wide smiles on their faces.

"You know if you guys even had a hint of decency in you, you would suck faces somewhere else. I mean seriously, Cas. I really do not need to watch as you stick your tongue down my sister's throat," Dean finished crossing his arms over his chest. Paige let out a gasp and playfully slapped his arm.

"Dean, why would you say something like that?! It's just young love. You were probably the same way when you were younger," Paige said as she got up to get another cup of coffee. Sam laughed from across the table.

"Oh please! Dean, went through girls like a pair of hormonal teenagers went through a box of condoms. Fast and stupidly," Sam cackled still staring at his computer screen. I laughed along with him as Paige stared at Sam in surprise. 

She quickly regained her composure, shot Dean a glare, and stated, "Well, that's not very surprising."

Dean grunted loudly, "Well, whatever. Besides this is not freaking young love. Cas is older than the Earth itself." Everyone stopped breathing for a second, before we couldn't hold it in any longer. We all started laughing loudly and obnoxiously. Even Cas chuckled a little.

"Okay, we have to go to school now. We'll see you guys later," I waved to them as I walked up the metal steps of the bunker to the front door. 

Dean quickly got up, "Wait! How are you getting to school?" he questioned. I smiled up at Cas.