03: Returning

I woke up, I was still inside the hospital as apparent in the equipments, positioned around me.

Sai was there beside me, looking at me with a worried expression, worn on his beautiful face

'Hey, Sai' i said in my mind

'welcome back' he greeted me, though I know only I can hear him.

I scanned my surroundings and notice an needle inserted in my left arm, heart monitor, breathing machines, attach on my body

If I don't know anything, I'll think I was dying.

I had cold sweats,

' was I dying before?' I asked Sai

He was about to respond when my attention was distracted by a loud crash

when I turned to look, it was Akari, pale, wearing a suprise expression. Then she dash into the room and embrace me tightly.

'Shindo! Shindo! wahhhhh', she burst into tears and wailed loudly. I tried patting her with my free arm but I realize I was to weak to even left it.

'Shindo', a suprised voice sounded in the background

'who is it now', i thought to myself, I glanced at the door and Mitani, wearing his usual shorts, suspenders and white long sleeve get-up. His hair was messy as usual and he had darck circles in his eyes, like he lost a days of sleep.

'Hey, dude-', i greeted casually, ' you look like you haven't sleep for days? - not so like you' I joked around and chuckled

Mitani bit his lips, it was his habit when he gets offended or annoyed, restraining himself. then he exploded.

' YOU BASTARD!', he stumped inside angrily and grabbed by collar. He look like his about to strangled me right there, his eyes darted to the equipments, attach to me and restrained himself, but i suppose it was not enough to remove his fist hovering a few inches near. Akari was beside him, couching him to let go of me.

I may have defeated Mitani countless times, but he throws really nasty punches. I'm lucky I can read his attacks, or else It will not be the 1st time I'm lying inside the hospital.

I didn't struggle or remove his hold on me. Akari was frantic, her eyes darting from me to him. I simply smirk and sat there calmly.

It just made Mitani furious, he raise his fist and was about to punch me. I were scanning my brain countless treatment to restore my face back to its position, and I'm sure I'll stay longer in the hospital due to sever damage.

He move his fist and I close my eyes, ready for impact. any minute now...any minute now-?

I felt a soft thump on my chest, when i opened my eyes, Mitani's head was leaned on my chest. He was shaking, in anger, frustration, annoyance, hate. My presence can make a person unsettled, thankfully, not to an extent of killing me.

' I thought - we all thought-' he pressed his head firmly on my chest. it made me winced but not hard enough to hurt.

' when you didn't wake up-i thought- we were told-', he couldn't continue, even Akari who is the calmest of us 3, was crying again. She was covering her face while grabbing Mitani shirt , ' I told you to come to my house , not in the hospital you bastard'

'Sai did I die?' i asked him mentally

'No, Hikaru- you were just asleep'

'but why do they look like i was about to die?'

' when you didn't wake up for 3 weeks they- '

'WHAT?' , i must have said it aloud that Akari and Mitani both look at me, their eyes red, from crying. hey, if I know better, this people gave me quite a hard time, so seeing them like this, well I kinda felt guilty although it was amusing to watch them.