Scenario 39

Dinner time at Nirvana was emptier than usual.

The missing people were obvious. Jared and Eren were absent.

Old Gu glances at the silent members. With a small smile he says, "You may eat."

The members eagerly dig into their food. There was no conversation. It seemed that most wanted to retire to their rooms as quickly as possible.

Old Gu frowns at this development. The reason why he got new members was to allow the older ones to learn to adapt.

Of course the older members will have to leave when they reach the age of 20, so looking for some replacements in advance is a good thing too.

However he absolutely didn't want dinner to be this gloomy. Old Gu glances around trying to spark conversation. "Phoebe!" He grins.

Phoebe was a little startled causing her to pause mid chew before resuming. She swallows her food. "Yes?"

Old Gu sighs. "You seem to have bandages all over your body. Are you pushing yourself too hard these days? Be more careful!"

Phoebe avoids the old man's sincere gaze as she tells her white lie. "Of  course old Gu. I'm a professional so I'm always careful."

Old Gu nods. "When is your competition?"

Phoebe sighs. "In a few weeks."

Old Gu glances at Kain. "Who's tournaments first? I wouldn't mind coming to support you all."

Phoebe makes eye contact with a quiet Kain. He stops eating to answer Old Gu's question. "Her competition is first. However Jared's season will start soon too. I think I'm last?"

Phoebe agrees with him. She shoots a glance over to a brooding Mark. Suddenly she smirks. "Old man don't forget. There is also a new member entering the competition too."

Old Gu slaps his forehead as if blaming himself for his carelessness. "How are the preparations going for you Mark?"

Mark snorts, reluctantly replying. "Of  course. Good!" He avoids eye contact as he shovels more food into his mouth. It seems he wishes to remain low key.

It was a good idea having Phoebe educate him on his first day at Nirvana.

Otherwise his ego would be too terrible to handle.

The conversation soon died down until Old Gu found his new target. "I almost didn't recognise you Sylvain! You look good as usual. You almost seem younger." He chuckles at his own statement.

The corners of Sylvain's lips turn upwards as he receives the praise modestly. "It's my job to fit the required concept. I'll be going back to work soon so be prepared old man."

The old man smiles as he notices Aleasha smiling up at Sylvain.

My!

Hasn't their relationship progressed?

Suddenly from the corner of his eye a strange figure caught his attention.