16. Challenge

A week run by quickly, suddenly it was Friday, the days got warmer, the atmosphere nicer, but Sicheng was sad all the time. He felt as if the world had turned into rainy, he couldn't concentrate on his dance, or school, or homework. This morning he was placing the grocery he had brought into Miss Banaya's kitchen on the counter, the older lady was observing him from the time he had entered.

"Sicheng, sit down for a moment," she said.

"I have no time Miss," he was shocked how dry his voice sounded.

"What's wrong with you my dear," she sat down pointing to a chair next to hers.

"Nothing," Sicheng shook his head.

"You know I have lived a very long life I can understand a lot of things," she was watching him as if she could read each secret out of his soul.

"I've met someone and..." Sicheng lowered his head. "It's a very bad person."

"Why is this person so bad?" asked the lady causing him to feel new pain.

"I know a lot about this person, about the things this someone had done, and it were all the worst things, all of them."

"So you've heard rumours about someone?"

"This aren't rumours, I've seen photos and stuff, let's say this person is a little bit famous."

"And?" she was watching him with more and more interest.

"It's just this someone moved to our village, is spending time with one of my friends, but I feel so disgusted when I see this person."

"You have a crush on him," said Miss Banaya causing Sicheng's legs to become very weak.

"What?" he asked in shock.

"All the things he had done wouldn't bother you much if you didn't care," she smiled to herself.

"Wh-why d-d-you think it's a boy?" asked Sicheng feeling he's ready to run.

"If it was a girl you would be telling me, I've met a girl, I'm into her, but she has a lot of boys, but you didn't."

"Miss Banaya, I'm not homosexual," Sicheng felt his throat tightening.

"What's bad about it?" she was watching him seriously.

"N-n-o-thing," he stuttered. "But in Rose Valley, everyone here is straight apart from Mark... and this person, he likes girls anyway," Sicheng felt like crying.

"How do you know all of this about him if he has just moved over here."

"I've seen photos, I've read about him in the internet," Sicheng sat down.

He felt so bad.

"He had seen me dancing in Rose Bay, the next day he was there smoking cigarettes with Taeil in his motor boat."

"Is he Taeil's age?"

"Yes."

"You see Sicheng, they're young men, they can just spend a nice break on manly talks and smoking, it's pretty normal don't you think? It's also normal to like someone. Give him a chance, if Taeil likes him he must be a decent guy, just get to know him then you'll be able to judge what kind of person he is."

"I don't think..." Sicheng shook his head small tears rolling down his cheeks against his will.

"Sicheng, it's not the end of the world to be in love, let's hope he is a nice person and likes boys too, you just have to try, what's his name by the way?" she laid her hand on his.

"Yuta," whispered Sicheng through the tears.

The afternoon was slowly nearing an evening when Sicheng and Mark stopped in front of a huge villa with a white stone fance.

"Wow that's so cool!" Mark was all hyper.

Sicheng was still shaken after his morning conversation with Miss Banaya, he didn't agree with her, he hardly had a crush, definitely not on Yuta, but Mark said he needed him to accompany him to Donghyuck's house, as he had promised the boy to bring him a CD. It was Icy Love's first album and Mark had the "great" plan it will make Donghyuck confess his real identity.

Now they were here in front of the modern house while Mark was all hyper again.

"How do you think his room looks like? I bet he has a guitar collection in it," Mark's cheeks were filled with blushes.

"So go in and let's go back, my parents will punish me for being late for supper," Sicheng became nervous.

He shouldn't be out here so late.

"How can you think about supper when we're in front of Icy Love's house and know Donghyuck and Yuta are in there?" asked Mark.

"They're ordinary boys you know that," said Sicheng but Mark made a face as if he would bite any second so Sicheng passed the metal gate, it was surprisingly open.

"Wow!" Mark jumped up and down he pressed the CD into Sicheng's hands then hid behind the stone wall.

"What now?" asked Sicheng.

"Go and give it to Donghyuck!"

"Me?" asked Sicheng perplexed.

"I'll faint if I see him on the doormat," Mark begged.

"It's not my idea nor my CD, nor do I like Donghyuck!" Sicheng raised his voice.

"Please do what a best friend does for his hopelessly in love fan club president," Mark made puppy eyes.

Thank you for all your support. Did you enjoy the chapter? What do you think about Sicheng telling Miss Banaja about his crush and Mark's request? Will Sicheng go to Yuta's house?

Much <3