Chapter 1: Viewing Choices

Dr. Stephen Strange, also known as the Sorcerer Supreme, Master of Mystic Arts was going through all the outcomes from their war with Thanos and came up with 3 situations out of the millions from which they would win.

Catching a glimpse of the three, he comes out of his trance and glances around, trying to spot the man he wanted. With a grin on his face that showed he found whoever he was searching for, he headed towards the group and just said "Excuse me, gentlemen, I don't think you would mind if I borrow Tony for a minute or two? We need to strategize." before just dragging Tony away.

Tony was initially annoyed on the doctor for dragging him away from the guardians' group and spidey but shut up the minute he saw the look on his face. "Why did you pull me out, why not the others?" Tony asked and Strange remained silent.

"I guess the outcomes were bad then? Do we win in any one of them?" Tony asked. Strange just looked at him. "We do win but not without a price. And you are the key person for winning in each case." Strange replied.

"And what is the price we have to pay in order to win?" Tony queried, guessing the reply as Strange had called him only and not the others to plan. "We have to lose and let half the population disintegrate, including me" Strange said with a sigh.

"Even Peter?" Tony asked fearfully. "Everyone on this planet... Titan excluding Tony and that robotic woman to be specific." Strange explained. "And no other option to win? How many were there?" Tony asked, hating the prospect of letting half the world disappear randomly in order to win.

"Out of the millions of outcome, we only win in 3. One leads to temporary victory but a long-suffering while the other two have temporary defeat and suffering but the final outcome is beneficial." Strange explained.

"Show me all the three outcomes then. I would need to check all the three if we want to form a plan." Tony ordered. Strange obliged and they both plunged into situation 1.

It was a scene where all of them were fighting Thanos and seemed to be winning on taking off the gauntlet as planned and had succeeded in it without Thanos managing to rile up anyone. They had the gauntlet and returned to Earth in glory and were rejoicing their victory.

But the said victory was unfortunately short-lived as a few days later, Thanos had brought his whole force and launched an open sudden attack on everyone, and even though everyone had been assembled there, they were overpowered and lost to Thanos, the stones were served in a silver platter to Thanos as they were all in the same place, and everyone got killed as they let their guards down.

"Can we not be able to change the outcome of this even by not letting our guards down?" Tony asked. "Well..... it is not possible as each time we defeat him, he grows more powerful until he kills all of you. And it is also a fixed event and there are a whole lot of rules so.... not possible man." Strange explained. "Then not this option Stark?"

"No shit Sherlock. There is no way we are going to let that happen. How can you show this as us winning!!!!!!" exclaimed Tony. "Well..... I didn't see the full thing in my defence and I stopped when we won." Strange replied sheepishly.

"Alright Strange. If the other two are similar, then I will personally kill you, bring you back after learning to use the time stone or with the help of your friend and kill you again" warned Tony. "I got your warning Stark. Now onto situation 2" Strange said as they plunged into the second situation.

In this situation, half the population had gone, thanks to a certain Peter Quill, Tony and Nebula go to Wakanda, the survivors plan and defeat Thanos. Everyone is happy, the end.

(A/N: I am not revealing the whole plot as what is the fun there? You can come up with your own theories but that is the main plot. I am not going to copy other book plots for this. Just the base ones are similar. The deals will be my own.)

"This one seems more favourable. I think the only way you mentioned here is a code for whatever plan we make now right?" Tony asked. "Caught that one correctly Stark. But I will wait until you've seen the last one and then you decide on which you choose." Strange said and then they plunge into situation 3.

In this case, two people somehow time travel to a point in their lives makes subtle changes and then they face Thanos, all ready to defeat him without trying to change much of the timeline. And they win finally after a long battle, everyone is happy.

"Situation 3 seems hard and long" Tony remarked. "No shit Sherlock. It is hard and long but as I said, it is the most beneficial as it has the least casualties" Strange said.

"So... you want me to choose out of these two as I am the key player?" Tony asked, raising an eyebrow. "Yes, it is your choice. Choose well Stark. We can proceed with our plan only after you choose and we don't have much time. Which of the two do you choose?"

"I choose......."

A/N: So this chapter is just a gist of the choices given. Obviously out of the 3, one was out as they had to follow the timeframe and it cannot be changed as it was fixed. So.... which one will Tony choose? What will be the plan? Find it out in the book. And which one do you choose? 2 or 3?

Hope you all liked it! All comments and criticism are accepted and appreciated.

Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!

Rasnak signing off :) ;)

UPDATED ON 26 JULY 2018