Chapter 5

A/N: If you hadn't noticed before, the alternative of this book has also been published under the name 'Time Heals Everything'. So if you like it, check it out. Now on with the story.

When the survivors were all well rested, they all agreed that they need to wait for Clint to come and Loki to wake up before they discuss more about the situation. Until then, the only main event that happened was the coronation.

It was a silent affair. After all, most of the subjects were missing, many of them had lost everything and the loss was too fresh for them to rejoice the new king. Everyone tried to be happy, even though they could see that the others were still trying to cope up.

The avengers were another story. Thor refused to leave the med bay, insisting that he must stay with Loki until he gets well, being the only one who is still left and all. The rest were quietly talking in groups, sharing some funny past experiences and all.

Tony, along with Bruce and Shuri were mostly found in the labs, talking on how to fix up Vision as there was a chance to revive him, though he won't be as strong as before.

Wong had joined them at some point of time and the sorcerers were always seen together, apart from Tony, who spent equal time in the labs.

It took two days for Clint to come, who had apparently checked upon Scott's house to see if there were any survivors, only to find Cassie there all alone. Scott had apparently gone out for a mission and had yet to return and so Clint came back with Cassie.

Coincidentally, it was the day Loki showed signs of waking up. Thor had been ecstatic when Loki had finally gained consciousness, even if it was only for a few minutes, Thor looked like he was going to hug Loki to death but somehow had held back and just made a small conversation before leaving Loki to rest again.

Loki had been making progress very well for the amount of damage that had been done. Everyone had expected him to be out for more than a week but had considerably made quite a progress in two days, even though he cannot move or talk without pain. Perks of being a god.

By the time Loki had healed enough to walk around and converse mentally, i.e. 3 days later the team had the first official meeting that was to brainstorm every time they had come in contact with the infinity stone and how it had affected them.

"Guess then I must start with the tale." Steve said after everyone had settled down. "I had seen the tesseract, also known as the space stone when I was fighting in the war. HYDRA had been powering their weapons with that thing. And then he first time I saw it was the day I went down. Red Skull had touched it and I thought he was dead but considering it can be used in inter dimension travel, I won't be surprised if I met him in space. And after that I submerged the ship with myself and the stone into the sea." Steve said.

"And dad had found it while he was searching for the Captain and gave it to SHIELD, who used it to create weapons again, thus leading Loki to us." Tony said.

"Honestly speaking, it was not my fault that I came after that stone. After I had fallen off that Bifrost, Thanos captured me and tortured me to do it and when I refused anyways, he used the mind stone and did the job. I don't know where he got that stone from though" Loki explained telepathically. 

"And I vouch for Loki on that as I had been there when Loki had been captured. Thanos had the wish to collect all the infinity stones for a long time so I guess he wanted the Tesseract for the stone and nothing else. I don't know why he wanted to send an army though. He was throughly pissed off at Loki when he lost." Nebula said.

"I'm sorry for what you had to go through Loki. Guess we have more things in common after all." Tony said with a bitter smile. "Like come on! Both of us have magic, daddy issues, were tortured to do something and so on!" Tony defended himself at the looks he had got. Thor just hugged his brother, who leaned into the touch.