Three

It's been a month and a half since the incident with the girl. I've ended up choosing to forget about it. Life's been the same since.
Nothing new.
I was looking down at my phone, not noticing the customer that had just came in. I was too indulged into my game of Crossy Roads.
"Hyuna?" The voice scared me to the point where I accidentally tapped and ran into the water. I shut my phone off, looking up.
"Hello! Need any help?" I asked the man who has just walked through the door. He looked familiar.
It was Jin. I haven't seen him since the day of the incident. He looks.. dead. His tan skin was now pale and his eyes formed into dark bags. His plump lips were chapped. His dark hair was unkept. It looks like he tried to keep it down today. He was wearing a hoodie and basketball shorts.
"You alright?" I asked worriedly. He looked down so his hair covered his face.
"Yeah. I've been getting better.."
"You look terrible." I covered my mouth after I said that.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to say that.."
He shook his head.
"It's a long process.." He mumbled. I slumped down in my stool. I felt bad for him.
"Why'd you come?" I asked, biting my lip.
"I wanted to see how you were doing, but it seems like you're fine. I'll go-" I wouldn't let him finish his sentence. I need to make sure he's ok.
"-no, no. We can hang out. We can go to the cafe on the second floor. I'll get Bak to manage the cash register." I said, taking my apron off and putting it on the counter. He looked up at me.
"You don't-"
"-you look tired, I'll get you coffee. I get it for free here." I smiled as I got out from around the counter.

      We got our coffees and sat down by the window in a 2 seated table.
"How have you been?" I asked. I never really got to talk to him before so I want to get to know him and talk to him now.
"I've been getting better. Im choosing not to talk about the incident. I don't even want to think about it. Before, though, I was really.. depressed. I cant tell you how many times I tried ending my life... But I'm better now."
I frowned at every word he said. I felt so bad for him. I've gotten over it but he's still affected by it.
He's probably lying. He probably attempted yesterday. I could see a red mark around his neck. I looked down at the table.
I had no idea what to say to that. I kept my gaze down at the table.
"Sorry for making the mood sad.." He mumbled.
"No, no! It's fine. I just-i just had no idea what to say to that. I'm sorry for everything you went through." I looked up at him. He looked so sad.
I frowned. I didn't like seeing him frown.
"Smile." I mumbled.
"What?"
"Smile. Your face doesn't suit a frown." I looked away from him.
I saw out of the corner of my eye, he was smiling. I turned back to him. I smiled back, "See, you look better already." I made him smile more.
I looked out the window to my left.
Someone was looking up at us. I recognized the face immediately and I turned away, hiding my face.
"What's wrong?" Jin quickly asked.
"Nothing." I whipped my head back towards him.
"Oh.."
My phone buzzed and I quickly looked at it.
The display message on my lockscreen said "did you move on that quic..."
I put my phone back in my pocket.
"It's my ex.. he's being annoying." I blurted out. I hadn't realized I said anything until I heard Jin question it.
"What happened between you two?" He asked me. I stared at him weirdly but I was glad he asked.
"We would get into small arguments and then they'd quickly turn into fights. After a while he just started to abuse me. For some reason I sticked around long enough to the point where he threatened me with a gun." I explained. I don't know why I'm telling this to a stranger since I've never really told anyone else, but I felt comfortable with him.
I didn't want to explain the full story. I locked it into a cage in the back of my head and I'd like for it to stay there.
"Oh.. How long?" He asked. I stared at him. He looked interested.
"It went on for 7 months. I ended the relationship a few months after I graduated college.. so about 3 or 4 months ago."
"I'm sorry you had to go through that." He looked down. I cuffed my hands together.
"Don't apologize, everythings fine now. He just likes to text me threats and shit." As if on cue, my phone buzzed again. I hesitated to look down at it, but I did.
The display on my lockscreen said "if you don't answer me im..."
I bit my lip. I opened the messages.