Part 1

This is set 1 year after Tris's  initiation. At the choosing ceremony

Isabelle's point of view

I stand in a line with every other 16 year old from the factions. There are 5 factions, Amity, Candor, Erudite, Dauntless and Abnegation. I'm from Abnegation, we value selflessness. That's why we dress in plain, loose, grey clothes that cover our body's from the neck down. The Abnegation cover themselves to help them and others forget they are there, but I have a different reason.

My father is Marcus Eaton. He is an important leader in Abnegation and the whole faction system. Everyone loves him but I know it's all an act. My father abused my mom, Evelyn before she left to join the factionless. He abused me and he abused my brother before... I stifle a sob. I can't cry, not here in front of all these people. Tobias, my brother died of an extremely hard beating from Marcus. I know that whatever Marcus did to me he had it much worse. He always tried to take most of the beating so that I got hurt only a minimum. Even so I have many long, thick scars running down my back so I do my best to cover myself up.

I've dreamed so long of the day I'd escape my father's wrath. Finally that day has come, the day I choose a new faction. I can't stay in Abnegation and I'm not honest enough for Candor so, I rule those 2 out. I'm not particularly kind either so, Amity is a no. I'm smart but, smart enough to be in Erudite? I don't think so. This leaves only Dauntless. They value bravery and I am brave. It at least I think I am. Yes I will choose Dauntless.

 "Isabelle Jonhson," Jeanine Mathews the Erudite representative calls out. My father doesn't want people to know I'm his daughter so I use my mother's maiden name, Jonhson as my last name.

I walk towards the five bowls in the center of the room. I take the knife and drag it over my palm in a sharp jerk. I thrust my arm out to the side and let my blood trickle over the hot coal that signifies Dauntless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everybody,

Thanks for reading. This is my first fanfic so I promise it will get better. The girl at the top is Isabelle. Also I don't own divergent. The wonderful Veronica Roth does. I own Isabelle and the plot. She owns the rest. Unless I say otherwise. More original characters on the way.

Please comment down below.

-Quinn:)