Secrets

After 2 days spent in the hospital, I left with a cast and crutches. It was Wednesday and I prepared myself to go to school. My mom brought me there because I couldn't drive. When I arrived, people were very weird. They looked at me and they whispered something. I found Sophia and she almost screamed:

- Oh my gosh Megan, what happened to you?

- I got hurt by a car, I answered.

- Are you ok?

- Yes, I'm fine but what's going on here? Everyone is talking about me.

- Well, they say you tried to kill yourself.

- What?!? But it's not true!

- I know but you have a rendezvous with the principal.

- Seriously? It's a joke right? 

- No, I'm sorry.

I went to the principal's office.

- Good morning Megan, how are you?

- I'm disappointed. People say that I tried to kill myself but it's not true. What happened was an accident!

- I know and I understand why you are so angry and I do everything to stop this gossip. I'm gonna get into each class to tell them that this is not true.

- Fine.

I started to take my crutches but he told me:

- Actually Megan, I didn't call you to talk only about that. This is more personal.

I let my crutches fall.

- I wanted to tell you that I date your mom.

At this time, emotions overcame to me. I didn't know what to say. I was really angry because my mom didn't tell me. But it's his choice and I like Mr Clegg. He is nice and beautiful. So I answered:

- Well, congratulations!

- Thanks!

He helped me with my crutches and I left the office to go to physics lessons. At this moment, I was thinking of Nash and the fact that he didn't call me or text me back. I'll call him at lunch. I came into the class and sat down near Sophia. She whispered:

- What did he tell you?

- Something really unexpected. Can you keep this a secret?

- Yes!

- Do you swear on your life?

- I swear on my life.

- Mr Clegg is dating my mom.

- What?!?, she screamed.

Mr Hook, our physics teacher killed us with his eyes. We immediately stopped talking. The bell rang. It was time to lunch! I took my phone and called Nash.

- Hello?

- Hi, how are you?

- Fine and you?

- I'm fifty fifty.

- Why?

- People say I tried to kill myself and I just discovered that my mom was dating my headmaster.

- Oh my gosh, are you ok?

- No, not really. I miss you.

- I miss you too babe. Do you want me to come and get you?

I didn't think about my answer and I quickly answered:

- Yes!

- Ok, I'll be right there in 10 minutes.

- Thanks.

A few minutes later, he was in front of me but a huge amount of girls came to him and started to take photos and videos of him. He took my hand and he suddenly carried me in his arms. He ran to the car and put me down on the seat. He took my crutches and we ranaway.

- Where are we going? I asked him.

- Surprise!

He drove during a half hour. We were in the forest and he stopped the car. He opened my door.

- Take the crutches first, I told him. 

- We don't need crutches, he answered.

He took my hand and carried me on his back. We arrived to an amazing place. It was a clearing.

- Wow, Nash this place is amazing, I told him.

He put me down and we were lying between flowers.

- Nash, I want you to know that I love you, no one can ever separate us do you hear me? I don't like Adam anymore. He is part of my past and you are my one and only.

- I love you more than anyone. I have never felt that before. With you, I don't have to hide me behind my phone, behind videos. I feel alive when I am with you.

I kissed him passionately and he gave it back to me. I looked in his eyes and I saw happiness.

- I want you forever, he whispered in my ear.

We were cuddling here in this clearing, alone.

- What do you think about changing my high school? I want to be with you and I would like to study with you. Moreover, people in my high school talk way too much about my "suicide".

- I would tell you that I would love to see you everyday.

- Fine I'll talk to my mom!

I saw happiness in his eyes.

- What about Adam? When are you going to tell him?

- For the moment I can't drive and I don't have enough courage to tell him.

- What if I come with you? I can drive and you will introduce me, he said.

- Yeah, it sounds good. Let's go now, I told him.

- Now?

- Yes, we have to do this as quickly as possible.

- Ok.

He kissed me and he carried me on his back to the car.

- Are you ready?

- Yes, but there is something I didn't tell you.

- What?

- He lives 3 hours from now and if we go we have to sleep there.

- Fine, I'll call my mom.

- Ok.

- Does yours know?

- No, and I won't call her. She didn't tell me about Mr Clegg so I won't tell her about that.

- That's your choice.

Nash drove to Adam's house. We arrived in front of his door and we rang the bell.

- Are you sure you want to do this?

- Yes. I love you.

Someone opened the door. It was a woman...