Jump

Danny sat at the front desk of the store, coffee in one hand and a pen in the other. His head was starting to spin from all of the numbers running through it. Maybe he'd save doing taxes for later; for his sanity at the very least. With a sigh, Danny set his pen and his now empty cup down, stretching as he stood.

"Hey, do you have Dumpty Humpty?" Danny looked up at the sudden voice, being greeted by a teenaged girl, her mostly black hair streaked with purple, wearing a mostly black outfit with hints of purple and green. She looked painfully like her. A customer, Danny harshly corrected himself.

"Yeah, record or cd?" He asked, voice ever so slightly strained, as he moved from around the counter. It was only a few more minutes before he'd be closing, but he had time to help her and ring up the purchase. Upon her answering the former, he led her to the far end of the relatively small store, gesturing to the shelf of records she was looking for, ignoring the sting of such a distinct reminder.

He hadn't thought of them in months; never truly allowing himself to delve into that pain, but every so often something (or someone, in this case,) always threw fresh salt into the gaping wound. It had been over a year since he'd moved to Jump City, and more than two since the accident. And that accident was the very reason why he was here, and why he hadn't gone ghost since He had...

Danny physically shook the thoughts from his head. He couldn't allow his thoughts to go down that rabbit hole. Otherwise he wouldn't get out of it for at least a week. The sixteen year old took a deep, steadying breath.

"All right, I'm closing up everyone." He called to the couple of customers still milling about the store. A collective groan could be heard, but he ignored it. He pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling a headache coming on. Danny needed more coffee. But, alas, the store had to be closed first. Sighing, Danny went about his duties.

It was only about thirty minutes before Danny had closed the store, showered and changed for a run. He'd had far too much pent up energy today; it was driving him stir-crazy. Emphasis on the latter.

Danny left the store from the back door, far too lazy to have to bring anything but the one key. Quickly, he took off running, falling into a steady pace in a matter of seconds. Really, it had been far too long since he'd just gone for a run.

Danny wasn't sure how long he'd been running, and he didn't particularly care. By the time he'd made it to the downtown area, however, he was regretting not taking a different route.

BOOM.

Danny jumped back as some fallen cement from a nearby building crashed where he'd been standing. Purely out of habit, he assessed his surroundings. Luckily, not many people had been in the area that had exploded, so there weren't too many adversely affected. Unfortunately, there was one man who's leg was trapped underneath some of the rubble. Instincts Danny had been trying to suppress for the past two years sprang to the forefront of his mind. He could still feel that cold energy, buried just beneath the surface. If he reached down just a bit further within himself...

"Titans! Go!" A mildly familiar voice shouted from nearby. Danny's thoughts of his other half were immediately tamped down, going back to the recesses of his mind where they belonged.

Instead, he ran over to the man, not really bothering to look at him.

"Hey man, you're gonna be okay." He muttered, knowing that it was unlikely that he was even heard. It appeared that the man was only half conscious, his skin clammy, and breath slightly ragged. He was going into shock. Shit.

Danny could hear shouts and grunts coming closer. Taking a deep breath, Danny shouted.

"Hey!" He screamed. "We need help over here!" There was a beat of silence. "Help!" A rustling noise soon began to grow closer and closer. "HEY!"

"Hello?" A male's voice shouted back, sounding just out of view.

"Over here!"

"Dudes!" A green skinned boy emerged from behind some of the rubble. "Are you okay?" He asked, much to Danny's irritation. This guy could die because of his pointless chatter.

"I'm fine, but he isn't. He's going into shock, we have to get him to a medic." Danny spoke shortly, trying to keep his wild emotions in check.

"'Kay, put him on my back." His form shifted from the relatively small boy into that of a llama. Danny felt his heart constrict slightly, but ignored it. This man's life was on the line, and he refused to risk it because of his own issues. In a matter of seconds, Danny had loaded the barely conscious man onto the young shifter, and they were making their way out of the rubble.

With every step taken, Danny felt his instincts sharpen, desperately trying to pull him towards the fight that still raged, though it did seem to be ending, with the young heroes on top. As usual. Nevertheless, he kept walking beside the green llama to a nearby ambulance. And, though it was likely one of the longest walks he'd ever taken mentally, they reached the vehicle in a matter of moments.

"Hey dude, you sure you're alright?" Beast Boy asked, his heroic friends having subdued the cement villain.

"Fine," Danny bit out.

"If you can't pay, or something, the Titan's insurance will cover all expenses."

"I said I'm fine." He snapped, feeling his already barely there control break ever so slightly, making his eyes glow green in his anger. The young hero put his hands up in a placating gesture, clearly having not noticed the change.

"Sorry, dude," he chuckled awkwardly. Beast Boy said a quick goodbye, and jogged back to the group of teen heroes.

"Sir, we have to make sure-"

"No." He cut off the approaching medic. However, they were persistent, beginning to put a bright yellow shock blanket over his shoulders. Danny all but threw the offending object off. "Leave me alone!"

Danny shot up from where he'd been perched on the bumper of the ambulance. The injured man was with the medics, he'd be fine. With that thought in mind, Danny stormed off in the direction of his store, ignoring the affronted shouts of the medic.

This was the reason he'd moved to Jump City. With the Teen Titans being the heroes, he didn't have to.

If only he could avoid the danger.

A/n: Hi guys! As I'm sure you can see, I've started another Danny Phantom/Teen Titans crossover. I hope you guys like it! I know I'm hyped!
Please leave a comment of what you think, and any corrections you may have. I love reading them!