Unwanted Nightmares

Nightmare checked his gang for any more injuries as they ate their food.

"Alright," he said softly as he pulled away. "I don't see any physical injuries. But your HP still needs to be replenished."

~~~

"Thanks, Nightmare. You're the best." Cross mumbled around his piece of chocolate cake, smiling.

"yeah. thanks for the help." Dust agreed, eating a strawberry.

~~~

'Thanks for the help.'

Nightmare stares at them wide eyed in surprise and deep pain. A memory flashing through his mind as the words repeated in his head.

"You're...welcome." he said softly.

~~~

Killer frowned, looking worried as he noticed how pained Nightmare looked.

"what's wrong?" He asked concernedly.

~~~

Nightmare shook his skull and looked down to hide his expression. His form shifting in slight emotional distress from his memories that have been suppressed for a very, very long time.

"Nothing. Just...I need to be alone for a bit." he announced and walked off towards the garden. "Make sure you heal up fully before doing anything, okay?"

~~~

"Sure!" Cross agreed.

Killer frowned as he looked after Nightmare. Maybe he could ask later what all of that had been about.

~~~

-------

Nightmare watched with worry as his brother heals an injured person. They had been very injured when a thunder storm last night destroyed a lot of trees. Some of the villagers had been hit with falling branches yesterday and sustained serious injuries. Dream had come to help them and Nightmare followed to hopefully assist Dream in any way.

~~~

Dream panted slightly, his eye lights a bit hazy as his magic level dropped even lower. He had lost count how many people he had healed and his magic was depleting steadily.

~~~

Nightmare saw how his brother was getting tired and walked to his side, ready to grab him if he stumbles.

"Brother, are you okay? Do you need a break?" he asks in concern.

~~~

"I can't take a break. They need my help." Dream replied slightly shakily, looking at Nightmare.

"But my magic is getting kind of low. Could you perhaps cook something please?" He asked quietly.

~~~

Nightmare nodded with a smile. "Of course brother. What would you like?"

~~~

"I don't think that's a good idea. Maybe I should cook something for you instead. Who knows what your 'brother' will do to it." One of the villagers spoke up, glowering at Nightmare.

Dream shook his head obliviously.

"No thanks. My brother makes great food." He explained with a smile.

~~~

Nightmare hunched into himself and looks away from the heated glare from the villager. He rubs his arm sadly, already knowing that the others don't trust him.