𝕀𝕍: 𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖

Two days later, you woke up due to the pain on your arm. You seemed to have slept on your wounded side, and unfortunately, blood had pooled on your bed.

You groggily sat up on your bed before standing up, changing from your sleeping attire into a tank top and joggers. You made your way down stairs, a hand applying pressure to your wound. When Kurogiri saw your state, he immediately went to fetch the first aid kit. You sat on the bar stool and waited for him. When he returned, he immediately worked on your wound, replacing the old bandages with new ones after cleaning it and did the stitches again.

"That should do it," Kurogiri stated before he fixed the kit. He returned it to its proper place before sliding a plate of eggs and bacon towards you.

You mumbled a soft 'thank you' as you dug in. You ate in silence, used to the fact that you always eat by yourself with Kurogiri working behind the bar like an actual bartender.

"Giri," you called the misty man. "Where's Shiki?"

"You know him," he replied. "He's probably scouting some people for the cause."

For the cause.

Kurogiri placed a glass of water beside you. You thanked him again as you drank from it, finishing your breakfast before heading back upstairs.

You decided to take a stroll out in public as you have nothing else to do today. You changed into a stripped turtleneck long-sleeved shirt and dark ripped pants before shoving your feet into a pair of grey boots that ended just below your knees. You left your long white hair down, sweeping it over your left shoulder and grabbing your sunglasses.

"I'll be heading out for a bit, Giri," you spoke to yourself before pushing your window open. You slipped out of your room before barely closing the window panel. You scaled the side of the building with a bit of a difficulty due to your injuries. Ignoring the pain, you made your way to the ground, landing with a soft thud on the grass behind your hideout.

After making it to the main street, you decided to let your own feet carry you to a random destination.

: :

Meanwhile, in the conference room inside UA High School . . .

"The one called Shigaraki has a quirk that allows him to disintegrate anything he touches," the police officer, Naomasa Tsukauchi, stated as he read from a file of reports in his hands. "We've been through the list of men in their twenties and thirties in the quirk registry with no luck." He brought the paper on top to the bottom. "Nothing turned up on the 'warp gate' user, Kurogiri, either. Neither is registered, and both are using aliases."

The teachers who arrived at USJ to provide assistance were gathered to discuss the incident. Tsukauchi was reading the gathered information on their investigation, but it seems like they're not making any progress, except for one individual.

"What about the girl with the summoning quirk?" Midnight asked.

Tsukauchi flipped over the papers before finding the sheet he needed, "We managed to find little about the girl. Her quirk is known as 'Glyphs'. Well, the name of her quirk is pretty straightforward. She can summon glyphs and manipulate a certain element depending on what colour her summoned glyph is. Although, we have gathered that she can only managed to summon three types of glyphs." He read over the paper before adding, "It says here that she was once a daughter of a police officer who died eight years ago."

"Daughter of a police?"

Tsukauchi nodded. "Police officer Kai Nakazawa. He was in charge of the investigation of a group of villains ten years ago who had stirred a ruckus in a small community."

"Hmm, now that you've mentioned it, I did remember participating on a hideout raid with the guy," Vlad King stated. "Although I never heard that he had a family before."

The officer nodded before writing down something on the paper.

"So, aside from the girl, we know next to nothin' about 'em," Snipe commented. "I reckon we oughta learn fast before the leader of those varmints' wounds'll heal and he'll be back again."

"Leader huh . . ." All Might mumbled to himself. He was currently in his true form.

"What is it, All Might?" Nezu heard him.

"It's just . . ." the number one began. "That nothing about this feels normal. It was an especially daring attack, and not just in the meticulous planning!

"He started going on about some ridiculous ideology. And although he didn't say anything about how his own quirk, he was shooting his mouth off, bragging about that guy Noumu's quirk. And when things didn't go his way, he started throwing a tantrum!"

"Even so," Nezu stated. "It seems especially foolish in a battle against heroes to reveal one's quirks and waste the elements of surprise."

Everyone agreed on his statement. Then All Might came to a conclusion. "This Shigaraki character couldn't hide his childish nature. The sense that he does whatever he wants . . . he's a man-child."

"A kid with too much power, you're saying?" Vlad King asked.

"Maybe he never received general quirk counselling in elementary school?" Midnight stated.

"So? Why does that matter anyway?"

"We apprehended a total of 72 villains at USJ the other day," Tsukauchi stated as he read the papers, catching everyone's attention. "They were all just back-alley thugs, but the question is why so many of them would agree to follow this 'man-child.'

"Nowadays, our society is saturated with heroes. So maybe small-time villains like them, who always get kicked around, are drawn in by that sort of pure, unaffected evil."

What Tsukauchi stated might be true, All Might realized. This Shigaraki person might be acting like a kid when things don't go his way, but he managed to convince a decent number of villains to join them in their assault.

"Anyway, thanks to you heroes, we can focus on our investigation," Tsukauchi concluded. "We'll expand our search and devote our efforts to apprehending the perpetrators."

The officer began to return to his seat as he fixed his papers after finishing giving his report.

"A man-child, huh?" Nezu thought. "In one way, he's a lot like our students. He has potential to grow."

If only he had a proper mentor to follow . . .