opening ceremony

One month later
Sara Pov
This is the big day for all of us in the magazine. We were all waiting for the opening ceremony of this huge building which is claimed to be
Not only a metamorphosis in the history of architecture but also a revolutionary nourishment in the economy of England.
I wonder why these conventional assumptions diminish when I make an appearance in any of these new buildings.
The opening ceremony is supposed to be a masquerade party. so, the magazine made sure that I'd dress to the nines, the dress was really exorbitant, it was startlingly beautiful gown, stunningly elegant the lace was the only adornment around the neckline...the dress swept me away to those days when I was still considered as an aristocrat ..a small smile crept into my lips while looking at this dress ...I fear to put it on, this is not me anymore.

Swiftly, I got into the dress and descended down the stairs barefoot because I wasn't courage enough to put these expensive heels, I entered the hall which was once overflowing with echoing chants, benedictions, chuckles, titter, and gossips.

I switched the large chandelier on for its first time in 3 years, the overpowering scent of rose did never faint it was the only thing I could still afford.

Yesterday I collected few flowers from the yard to make my fragrant ..it's a recipe which my grandmother taught me when I was 12 didn't think I'll ever use it but here when all our companies bankrupted and my parents passed away and left their debts to me I had to use it..my grandmother left me a notebook with all the recipes and the fragrance of every flower

so I picked up Frangipani

According to my grandmother's recipes, Its flowers are softly fragrant in the daytime and intensifies at night. and since the party was taking place at night this was a perfect choice ...then I added jasmine queen of the night as my grandmother wrote in her notebook. Jasmine was always my favourite fragrant, I even called my Arabian black horse jasmine. Jasmine was such a good girl I loved her with all my heart she was fiercely outstanding we trained day and night but I was forced to sell it as well, I couldn't keep her and that shattered my heart.

my fragrance is not liquid it's a lotion my grandmother wrote that lotions last longer than liquid.

the new building is a museum that gathers the history of the world with all its features and being the most feared critic in England I received a VIP Invitation ....maybe it's because I compare these buildings to my antique house I find them fairly tempting or maybe because I always compare the lifeless modern  buildings with the 19th century luxurious buildings, I loved how the building always showed an art sculpture during that time ...just like my house .

I switched the chandelier off and went to my room to get ready for the night.

Louis POV

After a rough training with Amber, I removed the saddle from her back and gave her a relaxing shower. I was seeking some peace of mind today was the opening ceremony of the project which I've been burning the midnight oil on it for 2 years now so yes I am frustrated and super anxious.
One of the VIP will be Sara Hanks the most bitter critic on the planet ..I've read all her articles why would I lie she is such a professional critic, I learned a lot from her, I was on tenterhooks to meet her as her biggest fan out there. The way she keeps her identity ravelled made me more curious to meet her ...they say that she's a woman in her late forties others assume that she is in her late fifties but none of them met her personally.
I wanted to meet her in flesh and blood and listen carefully to her opinion on my work, yes I'm scared but also excited.

The BALL

I checked the gates every second waiting for the guards to announce the arrival of Sara Hanks anxiously shaking hands with different people ...keeping the identity ravelled was one of the most important features of the party so of course no one's name must be announced but I had to do some cheats, I told the guards to sign to me when they receive her invitation she was a VIP so her name was written on the invitation , I wanted to talk to her for as long as I can.

As soon as a small lady entered with an outstanding elegant dress the guard signed for me.

 For seconds, I watched the tail of her dress brush past her and my mind jumped out of turn, all my attempts to move my extremities were futile, her dramatic entrance made my feet pin itself on the ceramic floor and all my trials to move them were in vain.

the breeze made a smooth dance with her golden hair strands making them fly fancy behind her, although the place was crowded with people I heard no sound besides  the harmony of her superfine heels as they  made contact with the ceramic floor in a resplendent harmony I could hear the droning chants of my heart as she moved towards me the mask was hiding her face but It was lucid that she was still in her twenties or at least thirties I'll find this out when we remove the masks. 

I followed the lady and watched her with a keen eye she was writing notes in her notebook watching the walls and swiftly touched the walls with her small hand which had nothing decorating it other than a simple silver bracelet around her wrist.

"Good evening Ma'am" I murmured from behind she turned her heels and our eyes met. still hiding her features by her feathered mask.

Sara's POV

  "Good evening Ma'am"  a Familiar voice murmured from behind  I wasn't sure that he was talking to me because I'm always dodged in these events especially that no one knows who am I, but I turned anyways because I was curious to see that man who used the word "ma'am"...I wished that he was talking to me and yes he was.

a background music was played as I turned and looked at him he was wearing a black mask and an outstanding tux which complimented his slim body he had a short brown hair and his cerulean blue eyes were visible from the mask.

"Good evening sir" I hummed 

"may I have this dance with you ?" I asked the way he used "May and Ma'am "in one night already melted my heart.

" I'd love to" quietly I answered putting my notebook in my small hand side bag.
"So what do you think about the building. " he asked as we started to dance.
"I still didn't have a full view of it can't give my opinion yet " I replied
"Would you like me to give you a tour around it ?" he suggested turning me
Everything about this part was splendid everything showed the 19th century  the dance and that gentleman
"Sounds good but I don't want to  disturb your peaceful night sir  "I answered
"Oh please just call me Louis and it'll be an honour ma'am ".
" okay Louis, I'm Sara "we left the dance and shook hands decently
He took me on a tour around the museum
"This is the Egyptian antique department the walls here are not built with cement the air between the blocks were evacuated and these hieroglyphics letters are painted with chemicals which were used by the ancient Egyptians "he interpreted
"How do you know this ?"I asked
"Well I'm the architect of this museum "Louis explained unravelling his identity but not his face
"Oh that sounds interesting so you know everything here guess my tour guide is really professional "
"Would you like to unravel your identity ?" he suggested I shook my head.
"Well it's not 12 am yet so I'm not sure that I want to do this now "I answered
"I can go with that "he answered and I could feel a smirk forming behind his mask.
He took me then to the Chinese department where the red colour dominated, then to the Islamic art gallery I watched the beauty of the colors and the glorious Arabian writing around the room and then to 18 and 19 centuries where the stone ornament and niches predominated the scene.
For the first time in my whole career I fall in love with a building I fell in love with all the small details and how everything was very accurate and critically outstanding.
Why would I lie Louis is a very dexterous Architecture ...I like how he was very focused on giving each department its own taste, plus he is a real gentleman, he uses sophisticated words and uses "may" and this is a credit.
Ding Dong
a bell sound echoed through the place
"It's 12:00 am "Louis murmured we both started taking off our masks.

WHAT THE HELL THIS CAN'T BE ...LOUIS CAN'T BE THAT JERK......