Chapter 4

"Time to go!" dad yelled. "Ok! Just a second!" I yelled down stairs to my dad. I went to my dresser and took out my favorite black jumper, light grey leggings, and black non-healed boots. I went to my bathroom and brushed my waist length dark brown hair and pinned my fringe back, grabbed my trunk and ran down stairs. "Okay your gunna floo too the Weasley's house and go to kings cross with then if that's okay." Dad said. "Yep! That's cool." I replied. "Okay! Bye sweetheart have a good year at Hogwarts!" he said. "Thanks daddy! I will!" I said. I grabbed my trunk, walked into the fireplace, grabbed some floo powder, and screamed, "The Burrow!" and I was gone.

----------------------------------------------

*Bam!* "Holy ouch!" I yelled as I landed in the Weasley's fire place. "Are you okay?!?" The Weasley twins yelled. "Ya I'm all good." I said as I walked out of the fire place. "Okay kids gather round!" Mrs. Weasley started. "We are all going to go to kings cross in a few minutes. But first does everybody have all of there things?" we all nodded and she continued. "Okay off we go then!"

----------------------------------------------

"Okay! Charlie, Percy! You first." Mrs. Weasley said and as she did Charlie and Percy ran through a brick wall. What the...... oh well I forgot we are in the Wizard world now. "Now Brooke you can go next." She said smiling. "No way in hell am I running through a freaking brick wall. It looks pretty solid." I said and Mrs. Weasley just laughed at me until she knew I was dead serious. "Well maybe George could go with you. Would that make you feel better dear?" she said. I glanced at a red faced George. "I don't think he wants to..." I whispered to Mrs. Weasley, but made sure George could still hear me and he blushed even more if that was possible. "Well Emma, I don't really care what he wants to do he's done this before to say goodbye to his brothers so he knows how to do it. So I'll take George's cart and you two take yours." Mrs. Weasley said with a smile. "Okay! George, Emma! Your turn. You can't keep anybody waiting!" She finished. George left his cart and came to mine. He stood right beside me and I think he saw how pale I looked. I always get pale when I'm scared and my hair gets a tad bit lighter. I'm not sure how or why but it does. "Do you want to hold my hand?" George said holding out his hand. I quickly grabbed it and we started running toward the wall. I closed my eyes waiting for the crash. But it never came. Hen I opened my eyes we were on platform 9 3/4. Wow. "I love magic." I whispered. "Me too." George said. We were still holding hands well the girl with magenta hair cam up to us. "Hey Brooke! hey George!" Carrie said. "Hey Carrie." Fred, George, and I said at the same time. Wait Fred? when did he get here? oh well. "Well let's go you lot!" Carrie yelled. She was ALWAYS yelling.

----------------------------------------------

I was on the train looking for a compartment by my self. The twins left with someone they called Lee Jordan. And Carrie went to say bye to her family. So I was left alone. Nothing different. I finally found a empty compartment, opens the doors, and sat down and looked out the window. I looked at all the other kids saying goodbye to their real family's. I don't really have a family. Lupin, or dad which is what I called him in front of other people, was almost always busy doing god only knows what. And I didn't really have much for friends besides they twins and Carrie. But they didn't really count. We only just met yesterday. My real parents were dead. And my only family was a nine year old boy named Harry Potter who didn't even know that I existed. He I guess lived with our aunt and uncle. But they sent real family. They are the meanest people I've ever heard of. I wonder if Lupin told Dumbledore to call my Brooke Potter or Brooke Lupin. I guess I'll find out. I was lost in thought until the compartment door opened and I saw a girl with bright red hair. Oh Carrie. She changed her hair color! Cool!!! "Your, your hair!!" I almost yelled, she nodded. "That's bloody brilliant! you know that!!" I said telling again. "Why thank you! I always have loved being a metamorphmagus!" She said. "Looks like you got a little of it in you too!!" She's laughed as my now lift brown hair turned bleach blonde. "What the!!!" I yelled taking a strand of my now very blonde hair. "Your a Metamorphmagus!! You can change your appearance at will!" Carrie beamed. "Well this is new..." I said awkwardly. "How do I.. um. Control it." I said still being awkward. "Just focus really hard on what you want to look like." Carrie said as she changed her hair back to magenta. I focused really hard and it worked I now had my dark brown hair again. "The color on your hair depends on your mood but you can always change it. It's hard but I think you got it down. I think blonde means exited." Carrie laughed. But we were interrupted by the compartment door again. And in cam two identical red heads. The cuter one sat by me and the less cute one sat by Carrie. "Hey George! Hey Fred!" I said as I propped my legs into George's lap. Carrie just pushed Fred off the bench completely. I just laughed. We were all talking like we were old friends. We were all in the same spot. Fred on the floor, Carrie stretched out on her seat, George sitting normally on the seat, and me with legs resting on George's lap. The compartment door opened again and a plump lady with a cart full of candy stopped. "anything from the trolley dears!" She said very happy and perky. "Nah were good!" the twins said at the same time holding up sandwiches. But Carrie and I looked at each other and said "We'll take the lot!" we both gave her a two pockets full of our money and the next thing we know, the twins, Carrie, and I are all shoving our mouths full of candy. "Ooooh! Berty botts every flavored beans!" I exclaimed. "But be carful princess-" George started and poked me on the nose. "When the day every flavor-" Fred finished. "They mean every flavor!" They said together. Awe it's so cute when they do that!! What what?!? Well it is cute when George does it. Wait what on earth am I saying. Carrie smirked at me like she knew what I was thinking and I blushed.

----------------------------------------------

Time had passed and we were almost to Hogsmeade when Fred stood up and the train stopped suddenly. And it must have stopped pretty suddenly because Fred toppled over and landed in my lap. I screamed, Carrie laughed, but George seemed pissed. Fred winked at George and yelled at the tipoff his lungs "Well hello there beautiful!!!!!!" then kissed my cheek hard, got up and ran out of the compartment. Carrie stopped laughing and looked just as pissed as George. Suddenly George flung my legs off his lap and stopped out of the compartment leaving just me and Carrie. She didn't look pissed anymore but she looked like she might piss her pants. We both sat in silence for a while until we just burst into the most laughter I've ever seen. We probably laughed for three minutes straight until we figured out why the train stopped. We were in Hogsmeade. We sprinted out of the compartment, out of the train, and we finally saw the twins but they were yelling at each other so we decided not to interrupt. We found a boat and an other girl and a boy we new as Lee Jordan, one of the twins friends, joined us in the boat. The girl introduced her self as Angelina. She seemed kinda stuck up. So Carrie and I silently agreed not to like her. When we got to the castle we got out of the boats and followed somebody we didn't know until we reach two very large doors. "This is the great hall! I've read about it in Hogwarts: A History before!" I said proud to know something. Carrie just laughed. We were then greeted by an old looking woman whom people called professor McGonagall. "Welcome first years! I'm a moment you are going to follow me into the great hall. You will then be sorted into one of the four houses. Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffindore, and Slytherin." She started. "Once you are sorted you will join your table and wait for everyone else to be sorted. Then when we are done we will eat our feast and the prefects will lead you up to your dorm when you are done." She finished. When she was done speaking we followed her into the great hall. It was beautiful! It looked like there was no ceiling at all. Carrie and I were arguing if there was one or not. Once it was time for the sorting. McGonagall called up some people. Finally "Caroline Tonks!" Carrie growled at the sound of her first name but quickly got over it and walked up to the front of the room. Carrie quickly sat on the stool and the old hat was placed on her head. It was quiet for a moment until the hate screamed "GRYFFINDORE!" the Gryffindore table cheered. "Fred Weasley!" McGonagall cried. The hat didn't even hesitate. "GRYFFINDORE!" it yelled. "George Weasley!" McGonagall yelled. The hat didn't even let George take a step before it yelled "GRYFFINDORE!" It was my turn McGonagall yelled "Emily Potter!" oh crap she used my first last name. Oh god. Every body is going to hate me. Every body looked at me carefully like they were studying me. I walked up to the front very slowly. I sat down and the hat fell on my head. I gulped. "Interesting. Very, very. Interesting. There is intelligence. There is loyal ness. You can be very sly. Very sly indeed. But there is so much bravery. Intelligence isn't what matters most to you so Ravenclaw is out. Same with Hufflepuff, that's out. Now should it be Slytherin or Gryffindore? Hhhum. Were to put you......" It paused. Oh not freaking Slytherin. I'm not a bad person. "Better be..........GRYFFINDORE!!!!!!!" The hat finally yelled after what seemed to be years. The whole room cheered except Slytherin table. I made my way over to sit by George on side Fred on the other and Carrie across from me. This was going to be a good year.