❧seven: rings of saturn

Even if it wasn't completely dark inside the apartment yet, it was dark enough to make Felix extremely uneasy. He absolutely hated darkness. It made him feel isolated and alone; like he was cut off from society, -from the world. It made him feel like his innermost thoughts were on full display, and that's what he despised the most. He hated the darkness because it felt like it was closing in on him. He felt it was suffocating him, like it was able to somehow sneak it's way into his lungs in place of oxygen. His insides were dark enough already, so he certainly didn't need to feel as if his lungs were being inflated by blackened, tainted air.

"This is a disaster," the younger boy sighed, running a frustrated hand through his blonde strands, "why does it have to be today that the power goes out?"

"Maybe they'll have it back on soon," Changbin said hopefully, doing his very best to lighten the younger boy's mood.

The older boy didn't like seeing Felix in a state of hopelessness. He was the last person that should ever feel that way in Changbin's eyes. To the raven haired boy, the Australian was like a beacon of hope in the darkest of times, even if the younger boy didn't quite understand that yet. Felix would get it eventually, but until then, Changbin didn't have a problem staying by the blonde's side. He enjoyed Felix's company, even if the younger boy was awkward, easily flustered, and sometimes extremely hard to comprehend.

"I doubt it," Felix sighed, "and even if they do, it'll be hard to finish everything on time."

"You know, I think they'll live if you don't have their exact numbers. It's not like you got any help with any of this, after all. Plus, you're the one who did the decorating, the planning, and practically everything else. They don't have the right to say anything after all the shit they've been making you do," Changbin pointed out.

"I'm class president, though. This is my job. It's what I signed up for," Felix replied.

"No, you signed up to lead things, not to do everything by yourself. So if anyone says anything tomorrow, call me and I'll beat them up for you," Changbin joked, attempting to lighten the mood.

Much to his happiness, the younger boy's lips curled upward slightly as his eyes sparked up a little bit. Changbin had noticed the light behind them dimming when they entered the apartment, so to see that spark returning, even if just a little, because of something he said...It made the older boy feel like he'd finally done something worthy.

"You couldn't beat anyone up," Felix joked, bumping the older boy's shoulder with his own, "you'd lose in ten seconds tops."

"Is that a challenge?" Changbin questioned.

"Nope," the younger boy answered, shaking his head, "it's the truth."

"I think it was a challenge," the older boy stated.

"Nope, it was just facts," Felix replied.

"It was definitely a challenge," Changbin repeated again.

The Australian laughed a bit, causing the older boy to break into a happy smile.

"I'm gonna go and grab a towel for you," he stated, and he pulled his phone from his pocket so that he could use the flashlight on the device to make his way through the darker end of the apartment.

The darkness isn't so bad when he's around, Felix realized, and he smiled to himself as he plucked a towel from the closet in the hall.

"Here you go," he said, holding it out to Changbin once he made his way back into the living room.

"Thanks," the older boy smiled, gently taking the white towel from the hand of the younger.

And just as Felix turned his back to venture into the kitchen for a bottle of water (that was probably room temperature by that point instead of ice cold) the older boy spoke up again.