CHAPTER 21- HEAVEN CALL

He hugged me and said-" It's time to remodel our small bedroom with different cartoons and kids pictures. Thanks and congratulations darling".
I didn't answer anything. He lifted me and kissed me.
He called up our family members and close friends and shared good news with them.
Evan was extremely happy. He love kids so much.
He would always dream about playing with kids.
Suddenly my hands started shivering.
I couldn't say anything except crying.
Evan asked me-" Aren't you happy? Why are you looking so nervous? Don't worry about taking care of kids, I do all their works( because Iam not the type of girl who love kids). Most happiest moment in my life. By the way, who was on the phone?".
I bursted out my tears.
"Sorry Evan, IAM extremely sorry. U are the perfect guy every girl wish for. But IAM unfit for a great person like you. You did many things to make me happier but I couldn't make you happy"- I screamed.
I started behaving so strange.
Evan again asked-" who called you? What's the matter?"
My situation became so pathetic such that if I start speaking, my words would ruin my loved ones happiness.
I became dumb for his every question.
He became impatient. A look of irritation and worried stare is evident on his face.
He began to tap his finger on the table and screamed-" what's the matter, don't make me impatient by your silence".
I build a confidence myself and said-" My insurance got cancelled.
Before I continue, he gasped and said-" oh, you scared me. That's not a big problem. We will apply it again and by the way, what's the reason for rejecting the insurance".
I said- " I have.....   Umm... (I hold Evan's hand tighter) Evan I have cancer".
By listening this Evan couldn't stabilize himself. He went to trance state for some fraction of seconds.
"Have you gone mad. This is not going to happen.Why are you kidding"- he said.
I was silent.
He hugged and cried harder.
His words started shivering and his face became moist with sweat.
Evan was in a silent horror for some time.
As we both are doctors, we knew well that what this cancer leads to.
This thought made us so scary.
We had decided to go to hospital and investigate again and confirm the diagnosis.
We also want to know that at which stage my cancer is progressed to, if it is positive.
We entered hospital.
HOSPITAL- MY DREAM PLACE.
This is the place for which I was struggling to enter since my childhood as a doctor. This is the place made my parents proud to see me as a doctor.
I would work daily at this place.
But on that day, WHITE WALLS, STERILE SMELL, ANTICIPATION, WHITE COATS made me so scary. I started holding Evan tighter.
We prayed for all mighty to get the reports, such that it should cease our sorrow.
But Soon, we realised that there is no hope.