bandits

Zayn did not have the mental energy to go to crime alley. It felt wrong; he was already on his way accompanied by Elijah when he got a sick feeling inside his stomach. He doesn't want to remember anything traumatic, he's not sure if he could handle it.

So he says goodbye to Elijah and goes back home. When he gets home, he starts to think of everything he's remembered. The man named Edgar Philips, something about a drug and the fact that his boss probably sent him to his doom.

It's too much to process at once so he falls into a worried sleep. He dreams about his memories, well the once he forgot anyway and he wakes up in cold sweat.

He remembers a gunshot, not who shot him or anything, just the sound of a gun being shot. He can't sleep anymore so he gets on his feet and decides to go outside. It's past midnight but he finds that he's more active during this time, recently at least.

He goes to the balcony, and he gets the urge to jump off it. So he does, and he lands on his feet surprisingly.

"Wow," he says, impressed. He hears a cat meow and he turns to see Isis. She purrs at his feet and he crouches to pet her. He's grown really attached to her, but she only appears to him whenever she wants to.

He feels a bit chilly, he's only wearing his sleeping wear and Gotham gets really cold by this time of the day. He sees some clothes that are hung on a clothing line and one catches his attention. It's a leather jacket and Zayn is very attracted to the black material. So he takes it and wears it.

Isis walks away from him and he follows her, there's a motorcycle next to the alley. Clearly, someone left it there and Zayn doesn't think the person would miss it for too long so he takes it. He's going to return it anyway so it's not stealing, he tells himself.

He's never ridden a motorcycle before but that doesn't stop him from turning it on.

"Hey! That's mine!" A male voice says, running after him.

"Oops," Zayn giggles, starting it and running away from the man. "See you later Isis." He blows a kiss to the cat and she meows back as a reply. It's more fun than he expected, but he doesn't want to get caught.

He has no destination in mind; he knows he just feels very confident and powerful. He gets an idea to check out crime alley, he doesn't have that same anxious feeling that he did earlier that day.

So he changes his course, heading to crime alley.

...

When Zayn steps out of the motorcycle, all eyes were on him. It was way past midnight, so the only people in Crime Alley by this time were all lowlifes and criminals. Zayn doesn't feel bothered or scared like he normally would. He's next to the bar and he gets the distinct feeling of déjà vu. It sends a shiver through his skin as he decides to go to the bar. He sees some lights signaling that the bar is still open.

He takes a deep breath before opening the door and entering inside. The bar is noisy, multiple people are there, but everyone keeps quiet when he walks in. Their eyes follow his every movement, he sits at a barstool in front of the bar. He's aware he's being stared down but he doesn't care, he has a mission.

The bartender turns to look at him; he looks surprised to see Zayn here, almost like he recognizes him.

"You didn't have enough the last time huh," The man sneers, confirming to Zayn that this is not his first time here. Zayn doesn't know what he means though, was it that he drank too much the last time?

"Apparently not," He says, deciding to play along. "I'm looking for Edgar."

He hears a couple of people laugh behind him.