"Well Don't You Look Snazzy?"

eleven

Perci, Steve and Bruce follow Nat through the doors and into the bridge of the ship. Dozens of agents moved about, some sitting in front of their monitors as Agent Maria Hill shouted her orders.

Director Nick Fury stood at the head, overlooking all actions among screens of his own. Maria turned to Fury from below, "We're at lock."

He sent a nod of acknowledgement at her and with a deep inhale he softly told them, "Good. Let's vanish." Though his voice was quiet, it screamed with authority, almost like he was daring anyone to challenge him.

The demigoddess smirked at him, "Sup Nicky."

Walking up the couple of stairs, she looked out through the glass, "How are you supposed to see out that huge window?"

"We don't."

"Then why the Hades is it there?"

A few of the agents held in laughter, their faces twisted with restraint, as Fury groaned. The helicarrier rumbled as it began to ascend into the blue sky. Though she knew Zeus couldn't touch her, Perci still felt a little uneasy. She belongs in the water, not the sky.

She followed Steve and Bruce as they approached the Director, him wearing an almost invisible smug smirk, "Gentlemen."

Both look around in amazement and the demigoddess rose an eyebrow when the Soldier passed a ten dollar note to Nick.

The Director turned to Banner and extended his hand. He reluctantly shook it and Fury gave him a small smile, "Doctor, thank you for coming."

Perci made a face and crossed her arms.

Should be grateful I showed up. I wanted to sleep in.

Bruce gave him a shaky smile, "Thanks for asking nicely."

Never would Nick ever ask anyone nicely. Unless it was her of course.

"So, uh... how long am I staying?"

Fury nodded, "Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the clear."

The sea green-eyed woman's demeanour changed almost immediately, becoming the leader she was born to be. She then firmly asked, "Where are you with that?"

Nick turned to Agent Coulson to explain, while Natasha eyed an image of Clint Barton on a computer screen. The Daughter of Poseidon put a reassuring hand on the assassin's shoulder.

Almost robotically, Phil answered, "We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet. Cellphones, laptops. If it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us."

"That's still not gonna find them in time," Perci murmured.

Bruce grasped his chin in thought, "You have to narrow the field. How many spectrometers do you have access to?"

Fury looked at him with a small frown, "How many are there?"

Banner nodded, "Call every lab you know, tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm based on cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for me to work?"